The Student Room Group

PWC Technology Flying Start 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TJM4
I mean the university offer days, sent an email and got a reply from Leeds saying:

If you are offered a place with PwC you will visit us on Wednesday 18th March. If you are not offered a place with PwC, you will visit us on Wednesday 25th March. You will receive further details in due course.

Ohh okay thanks! Are you going to an assessment day?
Reply 181
Original post by WillOstler
Ohh okay thanks! Are you going to an assessment day?

Yeah, Tuesday at 4 pm what about you?
Original post by TJM4
Yeah, Tuesday at 4 pm what about you?

I’m Wednesday at 12:30! Good luck, hope to see you next year if it’s the Leeds one you’re applying to!
Reply 183
I’m Wednesday at 12:30! Good luck, hope to see you next year if it’s the Leeds one you’re applying to!

I'm applying to both Birmingham and Leeds, I'm undecided which I am going to choose yet but I hope to see you at some point :smile:
Original post by TJM4
I'm applying to both Birmingham and Leeds, I'm undecided which I am going to choose yet but I hope to see you at some point :smile:

Top stuff!
Hows everyone preparing ?
The group task is 1 hour and the total time of this assessment day is 3 hours. We would also be doing 1-1 interview for 1 hour. What would we be doing for the remaining hour.
Reply 187
Original post by Banshee123
The group task is 1 hour and the total time of this assessment day is 3 hours. We would also be doing 1-1 interview for 1 hour. What would we be doing for the remaining hour.

I don't think there will we will be a one on one interview. In the offer email describing the format is doesn't mention a 1 to 1 interview just a Q and A session and group exercise
Original post by TJM4
I don't think there will we will be a one on one interview. In the offer email describing the format is doesn't mention a 1 to 1 interview just a Q and A session and group exercise

The group task is assessed but the Q&A isnt. So is there only 1 hour that we are being assessed on and the remaining two hours at just asking questions ?
Reply 189
Original post by Banshee123
The group task is assessed but the Q&A isnt. So is there only 1 hour that we are being assessed on and the remaining two hours at just asking questions ?

By the looks of it, I'm not sure how they will make a Q&A session last 2 hours so I reckon it may just by 1h Q&A 1h assessment and then 1h buffer period maybe just a welcome talk and summary of the day talk but I haven't read that anywhere its just a guess - but we know the group exercise is 1h from the email
Original post by TJM4
By the looks of it, I'm not sure how they will make a Q&A session last 2 hours so I reckon it may just by 1h Q&A 1h assessment and then 1h buffer period maybe just a welcome talk and summary of the day talk but I haven't read that anywhere its just a guess - but we know the group exercise is 1h from the email

I think it will be something similar to what you are describing. If the day is 3 hours, factor in 15 mins getting everyone together and up to the assessment suite, a 20 min welcome presentation about PwC / format of the day, 10 mins organising our groups, 1hr group exercise, 1 hr q&a session and max a 15 min reflection interview asking about how your day went. It all sounds about right. What I'm more confused about is why we are all being brought to London for 1 hour of assessment? They must have us all well shortlisted at this stage if they're willing to take us over and only assess us for 1hr. Feels like its just a final check to make sure we have a personality.
Where do people prefer Birmingham or Leeds? I think Birmingham is my favourite
Original post by username999

Personally Leeds because I think it’s an all round nicer city, but I can see why people prefer Birmingham. All down to opinion.
Original post by studentpwc2020
I think it will be something similar to what you are describing. If the day is 3 hours, factor in 15 mins getting everyone together and up to the assessment suite, a 20 min welcome presentation about PwC / format of the day, 10 mins organising our groups, 1hr group exercise, 1 hr q&a session and max a 15 min reflection interview asking about how your day went. It all sounds about right. What I'm more confused about is why we are all being brought to London for 1 hour of assessment? They must have us all well shortlisted at this stage if they're willing to take us over and only assess us for 1hr. Feels like its just a final check to make sure we have a personality.

I really hope you’re right about them having us well shortlisted already because I can’t describe how much I want this haha!
I really hope you’re right about them having us well shortlisted already because I can’t describe how much I want this haha!

Me too man! I wish PwC could see how much prep we have all done behind the scenes. I think there's about 120 places in total, am I right in thinking that?
Me too man! I wish PwC could see how much prep we have all done behind the scenes. I think there's about 120 places in total, am I right in thinking that?

Yeah I think so. In the first year they had 109 technology degree apprentices.
Reply 196
Original post by username999

Birmingham has a nicer CS building but Leeds will have built a new one for second year
Reply 197

Yeah same, I reckon if you just do everything they say on the elearn and don't make it look forced you'll be fine at this stage
Reply 198
Original post by TJM4
Yeah same, I reckon if you just do everything they say on the elearn and don't make it look forced you'll be fine at this stage

What’s the elearn? I haven’t had any email about that
Reply 199
Original post by em265
What’s the elearn? I haven’t had any email about that

It may be in your spam or you may have unsubscribed from those sorts of emails but here's the link: https://elearn.pwc.co.uk/assessment-day/index.htm

Quick Reply