The Student Room Group

all my flatmates are international post graduates

so i'm an 18 year old under grad and i've been put into my first year halls with 9 international post graduates. I'm feeling very isolated and lonely, they don't want to go out drinking and i'm finding it hard to connect with them. any ideas on what to do? should i try and move?
Reply 1
try and move if you really want to, there's no harm. i agree on talking to them and getting to know them more. you can make more friends and grab drinks with your coursemates and/or people you meet during freshers
Reply 2
I emailed the uni and they’ve moved me to a flat with freshers YAY
Original post by Anonymous
I emailed the uni and they’ve moved me to a flat with freshers YAY

That's brilliant, I was just about to suggest you asked to move.

The person who allocated you into your first flat must have been an idiot :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Original post by harrysbar
That's brilliant, I was just about to suggest you asked to move.

The person who allocated you into your first flat must have been an idiot :rolleyes:

yeah they even said in their email “we’ve realised the room you were allocated was not as ideal as it could’ve been” so weird haha
Original post by Anonymous
yeah they even said in their email “we’ve realised the room you were allocated was not as ideal as it could’ve been” so weird haha

My daughter had a similar thing but they allocated her a flat with all girls (not asked for) including one who insisted that none of them were "allowed" to invite any male friends to the flat ever, for religious reasons.

She complained and the accommodation office got her moved within a couple of days :smile:
My daughter had a similar thing but they allocated her a flat with all girls (not asked for) including one who insisted that none of them were "allowed" to invite any male friends to the flat ever, for religious reasons.

She complained and the accommodation office got her moved within a couple of days :smile:

What University did your daughter attend?
Lanacaster for her first degree but this happened at Reading where she did an MSc.

She didn't expect to be put in a party flat as she was postgrad but equally she didn't want to be in a boring flat
Reply 8
Lanacaster for her first degree but this happened at Reading where she did an MSc.

She didn't expect to be put in a party flat as she was postgrad but equally she didn't want to be in a boring flat

that's funny, Reading is where i'm going/where they put me with all international post grads. Clearly not very good at allocating flats

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending