The Student Room Group

Mature students

Hello all, as I am new finally learned how to post in here🧐 okay so my question is I want to do medicine and I am doing my igcse at the moment I’ve chosen English,maths double science and human biology as I am not going to any college. well i am trying to do everything at home as i have a little baby is it possible to give exam next year jun? Do you guys think it’s possible pls feel free to give any suggestions, advise would be much appreciated 😊🙏🏻thnx.
Hiya, I'm also a mature student with a baby. I'm studying English and maths igcse and will be sitting my exams next year at an edexcel centre near me. As you are an external candidate, ring the place you will sit your exams and find out the exam set dates/times. The edexcel centre have exams in November, January and June.
Good luck.
Reply 2
Thank you very much fr replying jus wanted to know how you finding the maths igcse is it tough? As I haven’t started my maths one yet🙂
I've only just started studying myself. I'm logging onto mathswatch and that is an excellent mode of study. They explain everything and give you questions to practice and they give yoy answers at the end. It's not tough at all but requires lots of practice. I often go on YouTube as well. How is the English going? what exam board have you chosen?
Reply 4
For me it’s little tough as i am not English i am from another country but i am learning eventually i get there. Thnx for giving me useful information keep in touch and good luck for your studies.
Reply 5
That’s Great 😀 In which year do you planning to apply for it and do you mind! How old are you? And I heard that we should hold at least 5 gcse’s for med school.
Reply 6
Very interesting hope you do well in your studies. I am 31 all ready. Years are flying i am also hoping to apply in 2021 and next years hopefully be doing A levels or access to medicine. Good luck with everything and keep in touch.👍
Reply 7
Yes, I would like to apply for S.George, kings, imperial and Southampton or Nottingham but some time i feel like it’s a pipe dream as it’s very competitive 🙄but don’t wann give up before even try.
Reply 8
How do you plan your studies, i mean how many hours a day should we give it to get top grades as I don’t get much time because I work four days in a week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending