The Student Room Group

CyberStart Assess 2019 chat

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone help with 13 and 14
I have done all the others and am willing to help
Reply 41
Original post by myguy71
Can i have help on q9 pls

Type into the console on the inspect element 'email' to uncover the email and 'password' to uncover the password :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by Thomas-_-
For question 7 look for a function in the code and run it it the console. Could you give a hint for 12

Use the numbers on the right hand side as the converter and then input the binary numbers at the bottom into the converter
Reply 43
Use an online ceaser cipher solver and input the text you have :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by bletchleyPark
Can anyone help with 13 and 14
I have done all the others and am willing to help

Use the snippets section because the regular elements section won't let you edit the pixels the code allows you to drag the pipes by :smile:
Hi! I have completed all apart from 12 and 13 (and 14) if anyone can help me with them I can exchange hints
Original post by Eliseghent
Use the numbers on the right hand side as the converter and then input the binary numbers at the bottom into the converter

Where are the numbers on the right hand side?
Use the snippets section because the regular elements section won't let you edit the pixels the code allows you to drag the pipes by :smile:

How do you find the snippets section?
Reply 48
Original post by slightlyunseen
Where are the numbers on the right hand side?

Left hand side, not the right hand side sorry <3
Reply 49
How do you find the snippets section?

Check the 'sources' section then on the left hand side of that there should be a part labelled 'new snippet', click that :smile:
Left hand side, not the right hand side sorry <3

It's okay! There are only 7 characters on the left hand side though? (I'm sorry if it's really obvious)
Reply 51
It's okay! There are only 7 characters on the left hand side though? (I'm sorry if it's really obvious)

Yeah, that's the name of the converter you have to type in, and then input the binary values into the converter
if anyone can help with 11 i can help with any but 13!
Reply 53
Original post by blackthrn
if anyone can help with 11 i can help with any but 13!

For question 11 if you look through how the code is manipulating the string you can work back through what was originally entered, for example:
var answer = adjustString(input);
if ('nihsahGsecret' === answer) {
return showFlag(input);
Above would have had the input 'hashing'
You then need to use the console to run the getOutput function, passing in this input as a parameter.

Have you done 14 yet? If so, could you give me a hint please? :smile:
For question 11 if you look through how the code is manipulating the string you can work back through what was originally entered, for example:
var answer = adjustString(input);
if ('nihsahGsecret' === answer) {
return showFlag(input);
Above would have had the input 'hashing'
You then need to use the console to run the getOutput function, passing in this input as a parameter.

Have you done 14 yet? If so, could you give me a hint please? :smile:

ah thank you! my friend was ahead of me so i'd been looking at 14 with him but neither of us have really gotten anywhere - i'll mention it here if we do! i meant to say any except 14 in my original comment ^^;;
Yeah, that's the name of the converter you have to type in, and then input the binary values into the converter

So do we input a binary number into the box using xor to convert the two numbers or put the two numbers in the box with xor?
Original post by Thomas-_-
So do we input a binary number into the box using xor to convert the two numbers or put the two numbers in the box with xor?

http://xor.pw/ set both to binary, input your two numbers and output as hexadecimal - that's what you put in to get the flag

Ok I found the snippets section in google chrome (it's not in MS Edge) i have no clue what to do with it
Original post by bletchleyPark
Ok I found the snippets section in google chrome (it's not in MS Edge) i have no clue what to do with it

try copying some parts of the source code in their, changing it, and then running it to see what happens!
Original post by griffin17
try copying some parts of the source code in their, changing it, and then running it to see what happens!

Thx so much ive done it.
Can you help me with 14 if you can?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending