The Student Room Group

Educational psychology doctorate placements

Hi all,
I'm thinking of applying for the DEdPsych at Exeter or Bristol, and Exeter has sent out some initial information about the course and they say that the second and third year placements could be anywhere in the country (taking into account where you have friends or family). This sounds like it's assuming you're going to be young free and able to move whereas I'm 44 with a family and am limited so I was wondering if there was anyone on here who had been through the process as I don't want to apply or even do the first year and then find I have to spend 3 days in Newcastle when I live in Somerset!
Original post by Mrsnibbles
Hi all,
I'm thinking of applying for the DEdPsych at Exeter or Bristol, and Exeter has sent out some initial information about the course and they say that the second and third year placements could be anywhere in the country (taking into account where you have friends or family). This sounds like it's assuming you're going to be young free and able to move whereas I'm 44 with a family and am limited so I was wondering if there was anyone on here who had been through the process as I don't want to apply or even do the first year and then find I have to spend 3 days in Newcastle when I live in Somerset!

Hello, fellow Somerset resident! :h: I can't speak specifically for your course, but generally courses with placements do stipulate that you should be prepared to travel 'anywhere' within reason. I did an allied health course at undergrad, and they made it clear that those with families (young children, very elderly/ill parents, primary carer responsibilities etc.) would get priority for more local placements. This may be the case at Exeter and Bristol too.
Reply 2
Thanks! Sorry, I've only just seen your reply! I went to an open day and I'm feeling a little happier about the placements now. Just getting my knickers in a twist about the supporting statement now! 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending