The Student Room Group

Student finance?

I asked to get the higher maintenance amount. Last year i did i got around +7k but this year i filled the application and it said i can get 3 or so. I understand that my parents need to fill out the stuff on their side. But it did say both the normal maintenance and the higher on the entitlement summary. But after my parents started filling it out (they haven’t finished yet) They higher maintenance part has gone.
(edited 4 years ago)
Until your parents provide their information then SFE will only assess you for the lower amount.

You’ve left this very late. You should apply and get your parents to provide their income information before June each year to give SFE time to do the assessment.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Until your parents provide their information then SFE will only assess you for the lower amount.

You’ve left this very late. You should apply and get your parents to provide their income information before June each year to give SFE time to do the assessment.

I know i have left this very late. I was very busy and it all slipped my mind that i needed to do this stuff. My parents did fill out the application earlier today and on the application it says payments scheduled. It says 3k or so. It doesn’t say i’m getting anymore even though i did last year. Is this a matter of waiting or should i ring up?
Original post by Yoyo523
I know i have left this very late. I was very busy and it all slipped my mind that i needed to do this stuff. My parents did fill out the application earlier today and on the application it says payments scheduled. It says 3k or so. It doesn’t say i’m getting anymore even though i did last year. Is this a matter of waiting or should i ring up?

Now your parents have sent their information then SFE will adjust your loan up when they get round to your application. One of the SFE reps might be able to give a more specific time for that assessment to get done but it’s usually a few weeks (3-6).

You’ll still get the basic loan amount once term starts and then you’ll get another payment bumping it up once SFE have time to reassess your household income.
Original post by Yoyo523
I asked to get the higher maintenance amount. Last year i did i got around +7k but this year i filled the application and it said i can get 3 or so. I understand that my parents need to fill out the stuff on their side. But it did say both the normal maintenance and the higher on the entitlement summary. But after my parents started filling it out (they haven’t finished yet) They higher maintenance part has gone.

Hi,

Your parents details will take around 22 working days for review from the date they were submitted.

Thanks, Chanel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending