The Student Room Group

Will I get fired?

I have worked part-time at a supermarket for two years.
Over the past year I have had about two meetings regarding excessive use of my phone during my shifts (we are allowed our phone on the shop floor due to having an app where we can look at products), and last week I apparently was caught on my phone numerous times throughout the shift, and the other day I received a letter saying that I'm invited to an investigation meeting with my manager and with another manager as the note taker due to the phone issue. I am just worried that I will be fired because of the fact that I've had several warnings about phone usage in the past.
Any advice?
(Btw I know I am completely in the wrong and it is so stupid of me to use my phone whilst at work).
It's rarely good news when they have a meeting with a designated note taker tbh, this is used in disciplinary proceedings so they have a record of everything that was said incase you decide to sue them.

At the very least you will be getting a formal warning, sorry not what you wanted to hear.
You shouldn’t be surprised after receiving multiple warnings... should’ve stopped after the first one
The least you'll get is a first written warning, I got one when I worked at Tesco but it only stayed on my record for 13 weeks
Original post by butterflyxxx
Over the past year I have had about two meetings regarding excessive use of my phone during my shifts (we are allowed our phone on the shop floor due to having an app where we can look at products), and last week I apparently was caught on my phone numerous times throughout the shift, and the other day I received a letter saying that I'm invited to an investigation meeting with my manager and with another manager as the note taker due to the phone issue. I am just worried that I will be fired because of the fact that I've had several warnings about phone usage in the past.
Any advice?
(Btw I know I am completely in the wrong and it is so stupid of me to use my phone whilst at work).

Your manager, another manager, and a note taker - that means they are getting serious and expecting to take formal action of some sort.

If they've already spoken to you several times about it, what can you offer that's going to guarantee you don't do it again?

If you can't convince them that something has changed, then yes, there's a good chance you'll be fired.
Original post by butterflyxxx
Any advice?

Shouldn't be using your phone during work then, don't be surprise to at least get a formal warning

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending