d676
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Is the ITMB course a good and beneficial course to take? Would it be worse than taking a Computer Science degree? I love the theory side of computing and I am interested in the business and maths side of things however I do not like programming at all. How easy is it to find jobs with the ITMB degree and whats the pay ladder like?
username1562597
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What jobs exactly?

For software engineering or any similar derivative you'd be better off taking a course with more programming and problem solving, i.e. CS
d676
Rep:
?
(Original post by ltsmith)
What jobs exactly?

For software engineering or any similar derivative you'd be better off taking a course with more programming and problem solving, i.e. CS
hi, thanks for the reply, I do not want a job which revolves around programming/coding, more towards maths, business and computer theory side of things.
KayBea
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by d676)
Is the ITMB course a good and beneficial course to take? Would it be worse than taking a Computer Science degree? I love the theory side of computing and I am interested in the business and maths side of things however I do not like programming at all. How easy is it to find jobs with the ITMB degree and whats the pay ladder like?
It's a good degree as it's accredited as Tech Industry Gold the industry accreditation for digital and tech higher education. You'll get to meet employers at events which take place twice a year. There's also the opportunity to attend Industry Insight Talks - talks delivered at unis by employers. The course covers tech, business and management, a combination of skills and knowledge that employers are looking for.
username1562597
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by d676)
hi, thanks for the reply, I do not want a job which revolves around programming/coding, more towards maths, business and computer theory side of things.
'computer theory side of things' is academia
'maths side of things' is data science, machine learning and quant finance
'business side of things' is product management, people management, technical consulting, enterprise architecting (all of which are significantly more difficult (or impossible for enterprise architecting) to get into as a graduate than soft eng or data science)
d676
Rep:
?
'computer theory side of things' is academia
'maths side of things' is data science, machine learning and quant finance
'business side of things' is product management, people management, technical consulting, enterprise architecting (all of which are significantly more difficult (or impossible for enterprise architecting) to get into as a graduate than soft eng or data science)
Thanks for the information, what types of job could I get into with the degree in ITMB?
Would there be a good enough pay ladder to climb?

Thanks
KayBea
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You will get to meet employers from a range of companies eg. Deloitte, IBM, CapGemini and many more. Have a look at tpdegrees.com for more information about where the degree can take you. There are also a lot of case studies available as well under the Class of 2019 and Class of 2018. There is an induction planned at each university where you can find out more.
username1562597
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by d676)
Thanks for the information, what types of job could I get into with the degree in ITMB?
Would there be a good enough pay ladder to climb?

Thanks
you would be eligible to apply for grad schemes in any of the above careers I suggested (although the management ones tend to have very few grad schemes as they require experience)

would they be good enough? wrong question. would you be good enough? the answer to the latter question depends on a combination of your technical skills, qualifications and soft skills.
d676
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
you would be eligible to apply for grad schemes in any of the above careers I suggested (although the management ones tend to have very few grad schemes as they require experience)

would they be good enough? wrong question. would you be good enough? the answer to the latter question depends on a combination of your technical skills, qualifications and soft skills.
Thank you for all the help
d676
Rep:
?
(Original post by KayBea)
You will get to meet employers from a range of companies eg. Deloitte, IBM, CapGemini and many more. Have a look at tpdegrees.com for more information about where the degree can take you. There are also a lot of case studies available as well under the Class of 2019 and Class of 2018. There is an induction planned at each university where you can find out more.
thanks as well, do jobs which involve itmb have good pay ladders? i know it is a weird question sorry
Last edited by d676; 3 weeks ago
KayBea
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by d676)
thanks as well, do jobs which involve itmb have good pay ladders? i know it is a weird question sorry
Every tech company is different and has different pay scales. You can look at the average salaries for different roles earned in the UK at glassdoor.co.uk

50% of Tech Industry Gold graduates earn at least £25k pa six months after graduation compared to 37% for Computer Science overall and 27% for all graduates. You can find out more at tpdegrees.com/results.
d676
Rep:
?
(Original post by KayBea)
Every tech company is different and has different pay scales. You can look at the average salaries for different roles earned in the UK at glassdoor.co.uk

50% of Tech Industry Gold graduates earn at least £25k pa six months after graduation compared to 37% for Computer Science overall and 27% for all graduates. You can find out more at tpdegrees.com/results.
Also, if i couldn't get onto the itmb course, how would information systems degree compare to ITMB?
KayBea
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by d676)
Also, if i couldn't get onto the itmb course, how would information systems degree compare to ITMB?
The ITMB is an industry accredited degree. As the ITMB covers all the practical aspects of the world of work you will develop relevant technical skills and those all important business and people skills required by industry
samadjei
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by d676)
Hey there, I study ITMB at UWE and I am in my second year. ITMB is probably the best course you can take when it comes to finding jobs with the degree as the course is accredited by numerous employers such as Barclays, BT, Salesforce, Deloitte to name a few. There is a North and South event that is held each year where students can go and network with potential employers and gives you a really good way to interact with companies you want to work with.
The modules within the course differ with the university you chose to go with so the amount of programming you do may be different however, the degree allows you to step into different career paths that don't have to do with programming.
Hope this helps
d676
Rep:
?
(Original post by samadjei)
Hey there, I study ITMB at UWE and I am in my second year. ITMB is probably the best course you can take when it comes to finding jobs with the degree as the course is accredited by numerous employers such as Barclays, BT, Salesforce, Deloitte to name a few. There is a North and South event that is held each year where students can go and network with potential employers and gives you a really good way to interact with companies you want to work with.
The modules within the course differ with the university you chose to go with so the amount of programming you do may be different however, the degree allows you to step into different career paths that don't have to do with programming.
Hope this helps
Hi, thanks for your answer, if I couldn't get onto the course, how would 'computing and business' degree compare to ITMB?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (16)
6.93%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.82%
I don't think they'd understand (39)
16.88%
It might lead to more bullying (80)
34.63%
There's nothing they could do (71)
30.74%

Watched Threads