I study History at Oxford

I got:

So 68 overall in my1st year exams
Varis
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No - it's over for you. Everyone knows you need a 99 average minimum from Harvard to secure a vacation scheme. Better luck next time.
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm only one spineless moderator away from a red card so I'll content myself with a 'yes'
MWills99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You go to Oxford. Now answer the question yourself
LostLioness
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
I'm only one spineless moderator away from a red card so I'll content myself with a 'yes'
Frightening news.
username1529975
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nobody here seems to be very useful. The answer is yes, you’re fine. Get up to date with recent affairs / get good experience and ur set. A lot of tcs are given to oxbridge
Legally Jasmine
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Basically, we are all doomed.
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tow)
Nobody here seems to be very useful. The answer is yes, you’re fine. Get up to date with recent affairs / get good experience and ur set. A lot of tcs are given to oxbridge
This is what 'useful' looks like eh
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tow)
But you gave the same basic answer as Johan, which is Yes?

I expect OP could have guessed that they would need knowledge of current affairs and "good experience"
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by harrysbar)

I expect OP could have guessed that they would need knowledge of current affairs and "good experience"
I think you've missed the killer insight that 'a lot of tcs are given to oxbridge' (which of course means nothing to the OP)

kids these days...
LpoolLawStudent
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tow)
A silly question deserves a silly answer. The OP could easily have discerned whether their grades would be acceptable on literally thousands of websites. That their first instinct was to forego research and ask for help instead suggests that perhaps law is not the career for them. Does that sound like more useful advice?
username1529975
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by harrysbar)

I wouldn’t know how important it is to get up to date with current affairs if I didn’t network with people in the field.

I gave the same answer without being patronising. You should try it sometime
username1529975
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LpoolLawStudent)
A silly question deserves a silly answer. The OP could easily have discerned whether their grades would be acceptable on literally thousands of websites. That their first instinct was to forego research and ask for help instead suggests that perhaps law is not the career for them. Does that sound like more useful advice?
Silly to you might be sincere to another. To immediately decide that law is not the correct path for them on a very preliminary supposition is, at the very best, presumptuous. Give them the benefit of doubt 👍🏻
Last edited by username1529975; 1 month ago
username1529975
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is what 'useful' looks like eh
More useful than ‘yes’ imo
username1529975
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think you've missed the killer insight that 'a lot of tcs are given to oxbridge' (which of course means nothing to the OP)

kids these days...
I was simply outlining a fact. IIRC last year the universities that gained the most tcs were oxford, Cambridge, Durham (etc) respectively -> going to a good uni is a big bonus. OP is one step further than most.
Last edited by username1529975; 1 month ago
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tow)
More useful than ‘yes’ imo
Sounds like something a child who's just discovered Chambers Student would say

waste of time threads are a waste of time

(Original post by Tow)
I was simply outlining a fact. IIRC last year the universities that gained the most tcs were oxford, Cambridge, Durham (etc) respectively -> going to a good uni is a big bonus. OP is one step further than most.
Edit: Turns out I was right about you being a child who's just discovered Chambers Student :rofl:
Last edited by J Papi; 1 month ago
username1529975
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Then don’t reply to them 👍🏻
username1529975
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Edit: Turns out I was right about you being a child who's just discovered Chambers Student :rofl:
I’m a graduate with a tc at a MC
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Punch a wall time! OI OI.
username1529975
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is getting a bit side tracked anyway. I just wanted to give my two cents. Best of luck OP🙌🏻
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (60)
23.62%
No (194)
76.38%

Watched Threads