swzfq23730
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I intend applying for LSE. And want to pursue a degree I. Accounting and finance. But at the same time I want to keep my career opportunities open.
I am currently taking accounting, economics ,maths and sociology
Or should I take accounts, economics,maths and physics.
Charlotte LG
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by swzfq23730)
I intend applying for LSE. And want to pursue a degree I. Accounting and finance. But at the same time I want to keep my career opportunities open.
You could look at LSE’s website and see what A-Levels they would like for a degree in Accounting and Finance. Also you can google what degree you can do with your a-levels. You can put in which a-levels you are doing in the fields and it will bring up degrees you can do. I hope this helps and I wish you luck with your a-levels and the future 😊
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to be aware that Accounting is one of the subjects on LSEs "non preferred" list, so they do not value that subject. There is no need to do 4 A levels anyway, so unless you feel that doing four wiIl not impact upon your grades at all, I would think about dropping Accounting in favour of focussing on your other 3 subjects and trying your hardest to get AAA.

They also state that they like applicants to have one essay based subject for this degree, so for this reason, I wouldn't swap Sociology for Physics.
Sophhhowa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Physics is a great A level to take and v highly respected, I’d do that if a) you like physics b) are academically able
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The options you are currently taking sound fine.
Check out the unis website to double check their requirements though.
chazwomaq
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Given that LSE "non-prefer" accounting A level, I would say your best bet is: economics, maths, physics and sociology.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Un...ns-Information
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.21%
No (215)
76.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise