Having sex whilst on my period Watch

username4946380
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Just to give you a bit of background to this story.
My boyfriend works away alot of the time of the year. We dont get to see each other very often.
Unfortunately of late when I have got to see him it coincides with me being on my period.
Which makes sex a no no.
He says he understands but deep down I think he is disappointed it kinda makes me feel guilty.
The problem is I have heavy periods so in my head I think it is going to be horrible and messy, and that it wont be enjoyable for us both.
So I guess what I am asking from you girls out there.would you or do you have sex when you are on your period, or is it a complete non starter. I would greatly appreciate your advice and comments.
PuffleNugget
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Brightongirl)
Just to give you a bit of background to this story.
My boyfriend works away alot of the time of the year. We dont get to see each other very often.
Unfortunately of late when I have got to see him it coincides with me being on my period.
Which makes sex a no no.
He says he understands but deep down I think he is disappointed it kinda makes me feel guilty.

The problem is I have heavy periods so in my head I think it is going to be horrible and messy, and that it wont be enjoyable for us both.
So I guess what I am asking from you girls out there.would you or do you have sex when you are on your period, or is it a complete non starter. I would greatly appreciate your advice and comments.
Having sex on your period isn’t anything to be upset about it. If he’s willing to do it (which, honestly, he should) you shouldn’t feel embarrassed by it. It’s natural, and I’m sure people 1000 years ago didn’t care at all. Condoms make it so nothing is messy, and towels and things can be laid down in case too. Honestly, don’t feel embarrassed or anything and approach the subject with him. There’s a lot of benefits to having sex on periods, including having a shorter period and cramp relief! And a sailor isn’t a sailor if he’s never sailed the Red Sea...
Last edited by PuffleNugget; 4 weeks ago
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
not sure if this is Fashion and Beauty ?

:dontknow:
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just put some towels down and have at it. It's natural and nothing to be bothered by.
username4946380
Rep:
?
(Original post by MillieDunne)
Having sex on your period isn’t anything to be upset about it. If he’s willing to do it (which, honestly, he should) you shouldn’t feel embarrassed by it. It’s natural, and I’m sure people 1000 years ago didn’t care at all. Condoms make it so nothing is messy, and towels and things can be laid down in case too. Honestly, don’t feel embarrassed or anything and approach the subject either him. There’s a lot of benefits to having sex on periods, including having a shorter period and cramp relief!
Thanks Millie. That made me feel so much better. Gives me the confidence to move on. Just needed to hear it I guess from other people.
username4946380
Rep:
?
(Original post by MidgetFever)
Just put some towels down and have at it. It's natural and nothing to be bothered by.
Thankyou.
username4946380
Rep:
?
(Original post by PuffleNugget)
Having sex on your period isn’t anything to be upset about it. If he’s willing to do it (which, honestly, he should) you shouldn’t feel embarrassed by it. It’s natural, and I’m sure people 1000 years ago didn’t care at all. Condoms make it so nothing is messy, and towels and things can be laid down in case too. Honestly, don’t feel embarrassed or anything and approach the subject with him. There’s a lot of benefits to having sex on periods, including having a shorter period and cramp relief! And a sailor isn’t a sailor if he’s never sailed the Red Sea...
That's very true.
Thankyou.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My ex pressured me into it and it was absolutely disgusting. Never again. Sorry.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm a guy so admittedly I don't know too much about periods. Feel free to ignore if I end up saying something insensitive or incorrect.

You said that you feel guilty when you're on your period and you can't have sex with your boyfriend. I think a very important thing is that if you don't feel comfortable having sex with him during your period, then don't feel guilted into it. Even if you might want to please him, it's your body - don't do it if you'd rather not.

I also have quite a lot of friends who struggle with pain during their periods. I can't imagine it being at all pleasurable for them.

It's OK to not have sex during your periods. Similarly, it's also OK to do it if you want to. Just do whatever you're genuinely comfortable with. As long as you're not guilted into anything. :fluffy:
Last edited by Quick-use; 4 weeks ago
username4946380
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
My ex pressured me into it and it was absolutely disgusting. Never again. Sorry.
No problems. Thanks for your honesty.
username4946380
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quick-use)
I'm a guy so admittedly I don't know too much about periods. Feel free to ignore if I end up saying something insensitive or incorrect.

You said that you feel guilty when you're on your period and you can't have sex with your boyfriend. I think a very important thing is that if you don't feel comfortable having sex with him during your period, then don't feel guilted into it. Even if you might want to please him, it's your body - don't do it if you'd rather not.

I also have quite a lot of friends who struggle with pain during their periods. I can't imagine it being at all pleasurable for them.

It's OK to not have sex during your periods. Similarly, it's also OK to do it if you want to. Just do whatever you're genuinely comfortable with. As long as you're not guilted into anything. :fluffy:
Thankyou.
Cockpit Babe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by username4946380)
Thankyou.
Nothing to worry about by having sex on your period.
It can help shorten your period and stop the cramps.
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm a man and I don't mind it. Maybe start off in the shower or on a lighter day. The first time was a bit of a surprise, but its ok.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I wouldn't.
Unhygienic, I'm told its painful and likely to require a lot of cleanup.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
If you don't feel comfortable then wait until your period is over and do it then. If your boyfriend isn't understanding then that is a bad sign for your relationship.
Apachecow
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
I wouldn't.
Unhygienic, I'm told its painful and likely to require a lot of cleanup.
Try it before you give advice.

Period blood no less hygienic than normal sex bodily fluids. Not painful - has been shown to ease cramps. A bit of blood on a towel or sheets. A few tissues or wet wipes deal with the mess. It's not like slaughtering a pig..........
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Apachecow)
Try it before you give advice.

Period blood no less hygienic than normal sex bodily fluids. Not painful - has been shown to ease cramps. A bit of blood on a towel or sheets. A few tissues or wet wipes deal with the mess. It's not like slaughtering a pig..........
No thanks, the sight of blood makes me feel sick.
Eleven female friends discussed having period sex and complained about the pain, only one would risk doing it again.
Anastasiadis
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No thanks, the sight of blood makes me feel sick.
Eleven female friends discussed having period sex and complained about the pain, only one would risk doing it again.
It would be an immediate turn off for me
Tonic Water
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If he's up for it and you're comfortable, by all meands go ahead. Put loads of towels down and you can spice up the romance by showering together afterwards.
Apachecow
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Risk? LOL

How many of them had actually done it? I really don't see how it could have been painful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (14)
6.57%
They might tell the bully (22)
10.33%
I don't think they'd understand (36)
16.9%
It might lead to more bullying (74)
34.74%
There's nothing they could do (67)
31.46%

Watched Threads