Zara_qwe
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So currently i only have my main lobe piercing and im thinking of getting my seconds, upper lobe, piercings done. Should i go to clairs? MY friends have mixed reviews on clairs but what is it really like there for piercings?
many thanks
crnbake
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
From my experience, Claire’s utensils are sterile and they never reuse gun attachments. However piercing guns are very blunt and is more painful than needles, and guns are more likely to give you a piercing infection.
If I’m honest, it’s better to go to an actual piercing place that use needles as they’re more sterile and safer.
oswalds
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have two lobe piercings - first ones done at Claires and second ones done at a tattoo studio. While I personally didn't have any issues with Claires, now I'm older I realise that it really isn't a good place to get pierced. A gun is not suitable to be pierced with - the actually earring is what makes the hole and the post of an earring is not sharp enough to do this properly so its basically just jabbing it in rather than piercing it with a needle. The shop floor really isn't a suitable place to get pierced - not very sterile at all considering that the general public are walking through there all day. Plus guns cannot be properly sterilized in an autoclave like they do with needles in piercing places. In Claires you're also not pierced by a professional piercer, its the shop assistant. Their healing advice is generally not great either - they tell you to twist the earring which you shouldn't be doing, and their 3 week rapid solution is a bit dubious.
FadingAway
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I agree with the above. Better to go to a tattoo shop or professional piercer. They’ll be more sterile and trained in piercing.

I did get my ears pierced by Clair’s when I was 7 years old which was fine. Didn’t have any issues. But more recently I have been to a more professional place. They were helpful with the aftercare after my body had rejected my piercing and got it redone after leaving it for a few months.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Go to a professional piercer. They're formally trained via apprenticeship, use hollow single-use needles, and autoclave jewelry.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Although i dont have any experience of claires- im always a bit wary of piercings there.
Its done in the shop window where everyone walking past can see. And i may be wrong but isnt it just the shop assistant who does it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (9)
17.31%
No one else does (21)
40.38%
I'm embarrassed about my background (6)
11.54%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (14)
26.92%
We don't use a video platform (1)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.92%

Watched Threads