The Student Room Group

Declaring old UCAS application when reapplying?

As mentioned in the title, I'm reapplying for uni in 2020 after having cancelled my place for this year and I read that you have to declare your old application & that there should be a question asking if you're reapplying? I haven't completed my new application yet, but so far I haven't seen any question like that - does anyone know why that is, or if it matters (I'm not using the same PS anyway)?
It might vary for some courses (clinical courses, perhaps?) but as far as I'm aware you don't need to declare any prior application. @PQ might be able to advise otherwise?
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
It might vary for some courses (clinical courses, perhaps?) but as far as I'm aware you don't need to declare any prior application. @PQ might be able to advise otherwise?

thanks! I've previously applied for nutrition and am probably going to reapply for business and french, so I suppose that should be fine?
Original post by linda1301
thanks! I've previously applied for nutrition and am probably going to reapply for business and french, so I suppose that should be fine?

I don't think it should be an issue or make a difference. I'm not even sure to what extent data from previous application cycles are held, and I certainly doubt it would be shared with universities without your explicit consent :s
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
I don't think it should be an issue or make a difference. I'm not even sure to what extent data from previous application cycles are held, and I certainly doubt it would be shared with universities without your explicit consent :s

okay - I wouldn't even mind if universities could see my old application/details, I was just worried that it might be a problem for me if I don't declare the old application as soon as I submit the new one. This is my last chance at applying to Scotland as an EU student before the fees might go up, so I didn't want to screw up my chance haha:colondollar:
Original post by linda1301
okay - I wouldn't even mind if universities could see my old application/details, I was just worried that it might be a problem for me if I don't declare the old application as soon as I submit the new one. This is my last chance at applying to Scotland as an EU student before the fees might go up, so I didn't want to screw up my chance haha:colondollar:

As I said, as far as I'm aware there isn't any requirement; you could always contact SFE directly to ask and make sure. If there isn't anything in the UCAS application system/form thing, then it shouldn't be necessary.
I don’t think ucas ask anymore - they just match your details up so your login to Track would be the same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending