Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I accepted an offer for postgrad study. I was sent the email telling me I could enrol however when I logged in it has me as a new student and not a returning one (I completed a 3 year degree in 2014) and the course fee is set at £9,000.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Please see the Terms and Conditions for full eligibility. It is important that you read the terms and conditions to fully understand your rights and responsibilities with respect to the Alumni Discount.

Exclusions include:

Students on postgraduate Research programmes i.e MPhil, PhD, and all Doctorates (including taught).
PGCE Teaching students (excepting those who are studying PGCE Secondary Art (including D&T), Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Welsh, Computer Science or Modern Foreign Languages).
Students on the PGCE/PCE Post Compulsory Education & Training (PCET) programme.
Not available to applicants in receipt of any external contribution towards their fees, e.g. sponsors/employers.
Not available to applicants in receipt of any Cardiff Met scholarships.
Not available to applicants in receipt of staff or current partnership discounts.
Not available to applicants in receipt of the NHS Bursary award.
Not available to applicants in receipt of any Teacher Training Grants allocation.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The discount will be automatically applied to fees, for those that meet the eligibility criteria, provided you are enrolled and have not withdrawn within the first two weeks of the course.
Last edited by Notoriety; 6 months ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Please see the Terms and Conditions for full eligibility. It is important that you read the terms and conditions to fully understand your rights and responsibilities with respect to the Alumni Discount.

Exclusions include:

Students on postgraduate Research programmes i.e MPhil, PhD, and all Doctorates (including taught).
PGCE Teaching students (excepting those who are studying PGCE Secondary Art (including D&T), Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Welsh, Computer Science or Modern Foreign Languages).
Students on the PGCE/PCE Post Compulsory Education & Training (PCET) programme.
Not available to applicants in receipt of any external contribution towards their fees, e.g. sponsors/employers.
Not available to applicants in receipt of any Cardiff Met scholarships.
Not available to applicants in receipt of staff or current partnership discounts.
Not available to applicants in receipt of the NHS Bursary award.
Not available to applicants in receipt of any Teacher Training Grants allocation.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The discount will be automatically applied to fees, for those that meet the eligibility criteria, provided you are enrolled and have not withdrawn within the first two weeks of the course.
I meet all the eligibility criteria however I'm concerned about the new student status as I'm an alumni. They've even given me a new student number. So does that mean I need to enrol and then within 2 weeks it will be applied?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (329)
34.63%
No (621)
65.37%

Watched Threads