science.nerd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi! I’m currently in year 9 and I want to move house (From my dads house in Essex to my Mums house in Evesham). It would mean changing school, ED clinic, dance school and horse riding school as well as leaving all my friends and most of my family. Nothing would really be familiar. I’m really bad with change though... it took me about a year and a half to stop hating my current school, now I love it and don’t want to leave so I’m worried about how I would deal, especially when I’ve already stared my GCSE courses. However the school I would be moving to starts GCSEs in year 10 so I suppose I would still have moved just in time. To people who have moved before, how did you cope? What should I do?! I hate living with my dad and brother, but I don’t know if I can adjust to everything being different.
Eliseghent
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by science.nerd)
Hi! I’m currently in year 9 and I want to move house (From my dads house in Essex to my Mums house in Evesham). It would mean changing school, ED clinic, dance school and horse riding school as well as leaving all my friends and most of my family. Nothing would really be familiar. I’m really bad with change though... it took me about a year and a half to stop hating my current school, now I love it and don’t want to leave so I’m worried about how I would deal, especially when I’ve already stared my GCSE courses. However the school I would be moving to starts GCSEs in year 10 so I suppose I would still have moved just in time. To people who have moved before, how did you cope? What should I do?! I hate living with my dad and brother, but I don’t know if I can adjust to everything being different.
If you feel like it's the right thing to do, then go for it, especially if the school you'll be moving to starts GCSES in year 10 so you won't have missed anything. At least then you get a year or so to adjust to the school until you are taking your GCSES, and if you do decide to move later on it won't give you this time to learn and grow more confident in the school <3
With concerns to leaving your friends, I'm currently in year 12 doing my A-Levels and none of my friends have come to the college I'm attending now, it might not be the best thing to hear, but your friends won't stay there forever unless you're extremely lucky. You can always keep in touch with them over the internet too!
Leaving most of your family is really tough though, but they should be so understanding, especially if you think this is for the best, they should be willing to support you- no matter the cost!

Like I said before, this is entirely your decision so don't let me sway you in any way, but maybe take the time to write a pros and cons list for both scenarios so you know what you're getting yourself into?

I wish you all the best, please do keep me posted on whatever happens love! <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (26)
28.26%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (9)
9.78%
No I am happy with my choice (51)
55.43%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
6.52%

Watched Threads