Want more information about this university?
jellu
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So anyone can apply for the meal plan and they give you an allowance of £50 each week, which you can use at a few restaurants and bars.

Am I thick or does the meal plan have no obvious benefit?? Because surely you can use your own debit card/ maintenance loan to buy the same meals at those restaurants, or no?
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jellu)
So anyone can apply for the meal plan and they give you an allowance of £50 each week, which you can use at a few restaurants and bars.

Am I thick or does the meal plan have no obvious benefit?? Because surely you can use your own debit card/ maintenance loan to buy the same meals at those restaurants, or no?
I think it is supposed to help you budget and is more of a convenience for some. You can use your debit card to buy meals anywhere, no limit on spend.
username4954792
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jellu)

If I lived nearby, I'd be happy to make you some meals.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (137)
28.48%
No - I have already returned home (65)
13.51%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.33%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.36%
No - I live at home during term anyway (141)
29.31%

Watched Threads