a n o h a n a
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
can someone please help and tell me the difference between a rocky coastline and a coastal plain. IT WOULD HELP A LOT!
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I would guess a rocky coastline is a coastline of destructive nature, with high energy waves over a long fetch, bands of hard rock with resistance to wave erosion to form promontories. Whereas a coastal plain is a submerged shelf beneath the sea. This would mean an area with constructive waves and a low energy coastline that allow the development of an offshore platform and sediment accretion and accumulation of cliff material due to rockfalls and landslides. Whereas on a high energy coastline, cliff material is eroded and washed out to sea.
Last edited by Deggs_14; 4 months ago
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Rocky coastline is cliffed. Coastal plain is beach.
a n o h a n a
Rep:
?
(Original post by Phoenixfeather99)
Rocky coastline is cliffed. Coastal plain is beach.
thanks
a n o h a n a
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deggs_14)
I would guess a rocky coastline is a coastline of destructive nature, with high energy waves over a long fetch, bands of hard rock with resistance to wave erosion to form promontories. Whereas a coastal plain is a submerged shelf beneath the sea. This would mean an area with constructive waves and a low energy coastline that allow the development of an offshore platform and sediment accretion and accumulation of cliff material due to rockfalls and landslides. Whereas on a high energy coastline, cliff material is eroded and washed out to sea.
this would be helpful if it wasn't for the fact I have never done geography before my second week doing it in a level
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by a n o h a n a)
this would be helpful if it wasn't for the fact I have never done geography before my second week doing it in a level
Ooh in that case the physical will be harder. Best of luck though.
a n o h a n a
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Deggs_14)
Ooh in that case the physical will be harder. Best of luck though.
finding it better now had to do loads of revision to catch up, thanks tho
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (213)
52.99%
No (189)
47.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed