The Student Room Group

Geography help a level

can someone please help and tell me the difference between a rocky coastline and a coastal plain. IT WOULD HELP A LOT!
Reply 1
I would guess a rocky coastline is a coastline of destructive nature, with high energy waves over a long fetch, bands of hard rock with resistance to wave erosion to form promontories. Whereas a coastal plain is a submerged shelf beneath the sea. This would mean an area with constructive waves and a low energy coastline that allow the development of an offshore platform and sediment accretion and accumulation of cliff material due to rockfalls and landslides. Whereas on a high energy coastline, cliff material is eroded and washed out to sea.
(edited 4 years ago)
Rocky coastline is cliffed. Coastal plain is beach.
Original post by Phoenixfeather99
Rocky coastline is cliffed. Coastal plain is beach.

Original post by Deggs_14
I would guess a rocky coastline is a coastline of destructive nature, with high energy waves over a long fetch, bands of hard rock with resistance to wave erosion to form promontories. Whereas a coastal plain is a submerged shelf beneath the sea. This would mean an area with constructive waves and a low energy coastline that allow the development of an offshore platform and sediment accretion and accumulation of cliff material due to rockfalls and landslides. Whereas on a high energy coastline, cliff material is eroded and washed out to sea.

this would be helpful if it wasn't for the fact I have never done geography before my second week doing it in a level
Reply 5
Original post by a n o h a
this would be helpful if it wasn't for the fact I have never done geography before my second week doing it in a level

Ooh in that case the physical will be harder. Best of luck though.
Original post by Deggs_14
Ooh in that case the physical will be harder. Best of luck though.

finding it better now had to do loads of revision to catch up, thanks tho

Quick Reply

Latest