The Student Room Group

Computing and ICT Coursework (CPT6/ICT6) Help and Advice Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
secretmessages

Finally, you need to list the system objectives, one by one (consider a bulleted list), and explain each and every one of them. Make sure they're quantitative and not qualitative (i.e. use specific values instead of saying "the system must work well").

In every book and examiners report I've seen, it has said or at least strongly indicated, you should have both qualitative and quantitative objectives.
Reply 41
Pr0tégé
2 Weeks? Just did mine on powerpoint in around a day and from what I've heard my system is bigger than yours.

lol.. by 2 weeks i mean 3 lessons which is 3 hours, plus an hour or two outside of lessons.
Reply 42
TSR King
lol.. by 2 weeks i mean 3 lessons which is 3 hours, plus an hour or two outside of lessons.

Oh alright, because I'm really un-organised (need to fix that about me) I've basically done this whole project in just about less than a month, which means a lot of hours outside lessons so when you said 2 weeks I thought you meant like a billion hours lol.

Ive got to hand mine in tomorrow why the **** can you hand your in in 2 weeks :|, I've had about 3 sleepless nights because of this lol.
Reply 43
Pr0tégé
Oh alright, because I'm really un-organised (need to fix that about me) I've basically done this whole project in just about less than a month, which means a lot of hours outside lessons so when you said 2 weeks I thought you meant like a billion hours lol.

Ive got to hand mine in tomorrow why the **** can you hand your in in 2 weeks :|, I've had about 3 sleepless nights because of this lol.

i dont have to hand mine in two weeks, we havent even been told when we have to hand it in.. i guess in about 5 weeks.
Reply 44
TSR King
i dont have to hand mine in two weeks, we havent even been told when we have to hand it in.. i guess in about 5 weeks.

That's ******* criminal lol.
It hasn't got to be with the examiners until May anyway XD
Reply 46
How many pages did most peoples CPT6 design take up?
Reply 47
NesQuiK.

16.. you?
Reply 48
TSR King
16.. you?

Just started it today so only 3 so far!
What are we supposed to write for the beginning bit of design (System overview), and about testing in the design section?
Reply 49
NesQuiK.
Just started it today so only 3 so far!
What are we supposed to write for the beginning bit of design (System overview), and about testing in the design section?

the system overview i just drew one of those diagrams.. duno what there called, the ones like a hierachy, showing how the system is broken down.. and for the testing i just talked about what testing i am going to do (i.e. black box, white box, etc.) and how i am going to do them.
Reply 50
I've been told that ICT6 is worth 120 marks? :s-smilie:
luciet2009
I've been told that ICT6 is worth 120 marks? :s-smilie:

Probably UMS.
I just blitzkrieged my CPT6 access database with a hell of a lot of VB in it.
Got to do all my paper work now, but at least I have a working database.

Teacher wants it all for wednesday, woot.
NesQuiK.

For me...52 pages.
Reply 53
-WhySoSerious?
For me...52 pages.

for the design alone? how long is your whole project? :s-smilie:
fraddiz
for the design alone? how long is your whole project? :s-smilie:

bloody hell... mine was 19 pages and i think about 170 pages completed
golddaytonas
bloody hell... mine was 19 pages and i think about 170 pages completed

Don't panic! Depending on which board you are on you may have already done more than required. AQA don't want to see more than about 100 pages, and the examiners are increasingly hacked off at huge projects. They want to see a highly synthesised demonstration of the range of skills required - no fluff! So, algorithms for all processes, annotated code for all complex processes, representative examples of tests using boundary, extreme and acceptable data for all your processes etc are fine but they don't want lengthy explanations of stuff, or duplicate examples of code or tests (eg for a range of buttons that perform a similar function) and absolutely no automatically generated (wizards) stuff at all. It's perfectly possible to do a column 4 \ Grade A design section in 19 pages - just make sure follow the instructions in the specification exactly.
They mention that screen shots should NOT be cropped, but what about resized? It's a bit hard to have a 1024x768 screen shot on an A4 sheet of paper XD
LastLordofTime
They mention that screen shots should NOT be cropped, but what about resized? It's a bit hard to have a 1024x768 screen shot on an A4 sheet of paper XD

resizing is fine, and actually cropping is ok if you are just cropping off scroll bars, Windows task bar etc. What they want to see is context - eg if it's an error message in testing they want to see the window against which it appeared - and they need the screen shot content to be legible: so, resizing is fine so long as all content is still readable.
LastLordofTime

Resizing is fine because pixels are relative.
And i think as long as it's not crazy over-cropping that its fine.
Reply 59
Lysistrata
Don't panic! Depending on which board you are on you may have already done more than required. AQA don't want to see more than about 100 pages, and the examiners are increasingly hacked off at huge projects. They want to see a highly synthesised demonstration of the range of skills required - no fluff! So, algorithms for all processes, annotated code for all complex processes, representative examples of tests using boundary, extreme and acceptable data for all your processes etc are fine but they don't want lengthy explanations of stuff, or duplicate examples of code or tests (eg for a range of buttons that perform a similar function) and absolutely no automatically generated (wizards) stuff at all. It's perfectly possible to do a column 4 \ Grade A design section in 19 pages - just make sure follow the instructions in the specification exactly.

So what proportion of the tests you devise do you have take screenshots of?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending