lydia-st
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I applied to do Psychology this September, but my parents last minute convinced me to change to Law as they thought that Psychology was a pointless degree. I changed to Law but my uni told me that as Psychology was full I would not be able to change back to Psychology if I changed my mind.

I bought some law textbooks that I would need and reading through them, I am so uninterested and don't feel like I want to read them at all. I feel like I am not sure whether I would enjoy the degree, but am not able to change back. Any advice?
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lydia-st)
I applied to do Psychology this September, but my parents last minute convinced me to change to Law as they thought that Psychology was a pointless degree. I changed to Law but my uni told me that as Psychology was full I would not be able to change back to Psychology if I changed my mind.

I bought some law textbooks that I would need and reading through them, I am so uninterested and don't feel like I want to read them at all. I feel like I am not sure whether I would enjoy the degree, but am not able to change back. Any advice?
Is it too late to look for somewhere in clearing? I wouldn't start a degree you are not interested in.
LoBehold23
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Don't do a degree you aren't interested in or find boring, even if your parents think you'll get a better job from it. Unless you can see yourself working in law there isn't much point.
Either move Uni's to transfer or wait a year and apply again next year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?