bigmac2001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi everyone, i am going to hopefully be doing my geography nea on the effect of sediment size on beach profile, i am thinking to do it at hayling island beach and my hypothesis will be:
H1: How will the sediment size vary as you go from the landward limit of marine activity to the low water mark. H2: How will gradient vary from the landward limit of marine activity to the low water mark.
i would like to do a third hypothesis on how human interaction has changed the beach profile as it changes the distribution of sediment but i cant think how to word it so it is still relevant to the title. Can anyone help me with this?
Also i am thinking to do it at another location, atm im thinking hayling island west beach as it has both pebbles and sand,however if there as another better researched beach apart from chesil and is near portsmouth area of the coast i am open to suggestions.
Hapax.Legomenon
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello,
I'd suggest a 'to what extent' question- e.g. to what extent has hard engineering affected beach sediment system? Perhaps look at Brighton, there's loads of quantitative and qualitative data that you can find for this beach, though it is slightly far from the Portsmouth area.
My NEA was also looking at physical geography, so I'll be able to help if you have any more questions.
H.L
ashrawlinson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, what hard engineering strategies does Brighton have? I'm starting to plan my NEA now and know I want to do something related to Coasts but am unsure of a title.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (70)
27.13%
No - I have already returned home (29)
11.24%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.85%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.84%

Watched Threads