domestic abuse, coercive control and emotional abuse Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm being harassed by someone who used to try to control me and abuse me and now that i'm trying to leave them they are saying that i owe them money and I think they are saying an amount that is more than they what it was but i have no proof. They keep harassing me, how do i take action against someone who is doing this. I suspect this person of having NPD. I do not want to be controlled again.
Notasaint
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm being harassed by someone who used to try to control me and abuse me and now that i'm trying to leave them they are saying that i owe them money and I think they are saying an amount that is more than they what it was but i have no proof. They keep harassing me, how do i take action against someone who is doing this. I suspect this person of having NPD. I do not want to be controlled again.
From experience:

It's really important you move away from this person/situation. What you have done (by asking this question) shows you recognise what they are doing is wrong. Well done for recognising and asking for help. It's now important you know that support is out there for you. You could contact your local police or an organisation that deals with domestic abuse cases. It seems you may need a restraining order put on this individual. If you can you could get help from a professional you know e.g. a doctor, nurse or even a solicitor. I hope this helps and you receive the right support.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Call the Samaritans for advice about yiur particular circumstances.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
best way to deal with an abuser imo

https://i.gifer.com/EXOW.gif
UUSee98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As suggested above, contact Samaritans or one of these helplines depending on where in the country you're in. I would also contact the police as soon as possible to start logging events and get police references, if ever you feel you might be in danger then 999 is your best course.

Keep all emails and text messages too!

Unless you have signed a contract to say you owe or agree to pay back whatever monies they allege that you owe then they won't have any lawful right to pluck a figure out of the blue. I don't think it is up to you to prove you don't owe, but for him to prove that you do.

Take care.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads