Accidentally went through red light camera! Watch

username4953362
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I was travelling down the east lancs in st helens towards the toby carvery quite late tonight and there is a red light camera at the lights, I stopped before the line, there was a car stopped right over the line, silly me was so baffled at this other driver that when he pulled away I followed assuming the lights had gone green but my friend said she thinks they where on red or amber, I know full well it was my own fault as I shouldn’t have followed an idiot already way over the line, my question is, within my first year of driving what are the chances i’ll get offered a course? I’m so genuinely gutted but i’m pretty sure i’ll receive a NIP in the post
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If it was on amber you will be ok. Did you see a flash from the camera taking a photo of your car?
username4953362
Rep:
?
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
If it was on amber you will be ok. Did you see a flash from the camera taking a photo of your car?
It’s one of those infrared ones so it wouldn’t have flashed, feel so silly
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Elizabethshort89)
It’s one of those infrared ones so it wouldn’t have flashed, feel so silly
Sometimes there is no film in those cameras. Also lights may have been on amber. I know it's tough, but please put this out of your mind if you can, unless they contact you . It may not be an issue. But please be more careful next time.
MinaBee
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why is there a thread exactly like this every single month :K:
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sometimes there is no film in those cameras. Also lights may have been on amber. I know it's tough, but please put this out of your mind if you can, unless they contact you . It may not be an issue. But please be more careful next time.
They don't use film.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MinaBee)
It's more like every week. I'm getting so irritated at the sheer number of them popping up.
Satyr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MinaBee)
But this is just the same problem with different scenarios requiring different threads to find a suitable solution to each specific incident and each traffic error.
username4953362
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
It's more like every week. I'm getting so irritated at the sheer number of them popping up.
Then don’t read them then?
username4953362
Rep:
?
(Original post by Satyr)
But this is just the same problem with different scenarios requiring different threads to find a suitable solution to each specific incident and each traffic error.
Exactly, pretty much all of these posts are from people who didn’t actually stop first, it’s extremely worrying for someone who has only passed their test within the year, the people moaning on this thread seem to act like they have never made a mistake before, after 10 months of driving this is the first and only time I have made a mistake whilst driving.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Elizabethshort89)
Exactly, pretty much all of these posts are from people who didn’t actually stop first, it’s extremely worrying for someone who has only passed their test within the year, the people moaning on this thread seem to act like they have never made a mistake before, after 10 months of driving this is the first and only time I have made a mistake whilst driving.
You could have killed someone - it's not a mistake - you made the conscious decision to drive through a red light. End of.
username4953362
Rep:
?
Definition of a mistake ‘an act or judgement that is misguided or wrong‘ which is exactly what happened, the guy in front took off, I followed assuming that if he has gone the light must be green, tbh at this stage who knows what the light colour was, I didn’t do it on purpose and I hold my hands up that what I did was bad, i’ve learned my lesson, your comments or not helpful at all to the original thread so i’m not exactly sure why you’re involving yourself but whatever the reason It seems like you’re just not a very nice person.
(Original post by IWMTom)
You could have killed someone - it's not a mistake - you made the conscious decision to drive through a red light. End of.
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Virtually none of the cameras use film now...
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Shows just how ancient I am. When I was very young the speed cameras used to use papyrus...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.37%
It's just nice to be back! (182)
27.49%
Not great so far... (238)
35.95%
I want to drop out! (127)
19.18%

Watched Threads