texet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have not done anything involving accounting and finance before, so I am wondering if anyone has any tips? I am getting kind of worried that I will fail due to not knowing much going into it.

Any certain methods of studying accounting and finance would be good to know.
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
dont worry, uni will start from beginning, but you'll also have to pull out books and the internet to read further in your own time. accounting and finance is a mixture of maths and some basic economic concepts.
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
By doing an ACCA or ACA instead to be honest, A&F is really a useless degree unless the accounting firm you work at is paying you to do it. As an A&F graduate you're still expected to get ACCA/ACA as that is what qualifies you, just it takes more time because you still have to do a degree then ACCA/ACA on top of that and you have to pay for your degree.

Takes about 3 years to go the ACCA/ACA route, for which you'll get paid ~£20k depending on where you are, versus 5 years for A&F degree plus ACCA/ACA.
texet
Rep:
?
(Original post by Helloworld_95)
By doing an ACCA or ACA instead to be honest, A&F is really a useless degree unless the accounting firm you work at is paying you to do it. As an A&F graduate you're still expected to get ACCA/ACA as that is what qualifies you, just it takes more time because you still have to do a degree then ACCA/ACA on top of that and you have to pay for your degree.

Takes about 3 years to go the ACCA/ACA route, for which you'll get paid ~£20k depending on where you are, versus 5 years for A&F degree plus ACCA/ACA.
KPMG had given me an offer when I got accepted into their internship in 2017, saying that I can come back after my A&F degree, and they will pay for me to complete my ACCA.
Helloworld_95
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by texet)
KPMG had given me an offer when I got accepted into their internship in 2017, saying that I can come back after my A&F degree, and they will pay for me to complete my ACCA.
That's just the ACCA route except it takes longer and you have to take out student loans though, that's my point. You don't need to be a graduate to do an ACCA, and your earning potential is effectively the same.
texet
Rep:
?
(Original post by Helloworld_95)
That's just the ACCA route except it takes longer and you have to take out student loans though, that's my point. You don't need to be a graduate to do an ACCA, and your earning potential is effectively the same.
You think I could do it at the same time as my degree?
Helloworld_95
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by texet)
You think I could do it at the same time as my degree?
No, you do it instead of your degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads