The Slow Journey To A Grade 9- A revision blog by Lizzie

Watch
lizzierippon
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I’m Lizzie!
Ive recently just started year 11, and im trying my hardest to put work in from now rather than start revising at Easter
Last year I took my Latin GCSE, and ended up getting a 6, which was quite disappointing, so I need to work harder this year to achieve the grades I want in all my subjects
My grades
These are my target grades set by my teachers
Spoiler:
Show

Maths-9
English Language-9
English Literature-9
Religious Studies-9
Chemistry-9
Biology-8
Physics-8
Physical Education-9
French-7
History-8

Languages are definitely not my strong point and I know I will need to work hard on learning vocabulary and grammar in order to achieve a 7

My current grades are definitely not too far off from my target grades but I know I will need to put some work in to maintain or improve my grades.

Current grades
Maths-8/9
English Lit-8
English Language-9
Religious studies-7/8
Chemistry-8
Biology-7
Physics-7
Physical Education-8
French-6
History-7

How I revise

I’m a person that really struggles with revising on the whole, as I do a lot of sports outside of school and struggle to find time, although I quit one of my dance classes this year, which creates about 2 hours more time in my schedule

For some subjects I make flash cards that compress a huge page of the text book into 1 flash card, then do this for the whole topic, however I find this takes way too long and isn’t very good for certain subjects

I also make a3 posters, that for example would explain everything I need to know for a certain reaction in chemistry, or cover a tense in french. I find these useful to write but I never end up looking back over them after I make them

I find the most effective way of revising for me is to watch YouTube videos, and make notes whilst watching.
I especially love Primrose kitten for science, but haven’t really found anyone that does this for RS or PE

I love using quizlet for key words but don’t really know how to utilise it for quotes for English.

I will be posting my progress on this throughout the year to hopefully motivate me to revise.

Please feel free to comment any revision tips, or any advice if you have taken any of my exams!
Last edited by lizzierippon; 1 year ago
Astaera
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - congrats, and good luck. I'll check out primrose kitten, I know a few people in the year above who recommend her
username4746572
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Free science lessons !! Shaun is a literal angel👼 . Defo check him out . He's really good !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (24)
22.64%
Unhappy (32)
30.19%
Conflicted (50)
47.17%

Watched Threads