The Student Room Group

Love affecting work.

I’m a teacher and should be 100% focused on my work but this girl she’s 22 and we’ve worked together for 4 years. I’m 23.

After recent months of getting close I’m caught some serious feelings for her.

They weren’t reciprocated and that’s been hard to deal with.

I’m struggling to get over her and seeing her everyday is just so painful and distracting.

How do you truly get over someone you have feelings for so strongly?
No need to focus 100% on work
Original post by Arron2134
I’m a teacher and should be 100% focused on my work but this girl she’s 22 and we’ve worked together for 4 years. I’m 23.

After recent months of getting close I’m caught some serious feelings for her.

They weren’t reciprocated and that’s been hard to deal with.

I’m struggling to get over her and seeing her everyday is just so painful and distracting.

How do you truly get over someone you have feelings for so strongly?

Try to keep yourself busy with work, and outside of work, spending time with friends and focusing on other interests and hobbies. No matter what happened between the two of you, you have a duty to remain professional and focused on the role. Even though it is hard to see her everyday, you have to do the best to hide your emotions in the workplace. Put some distance between the two of you, only talking for work matters and nothing else.

With time, it should get better. If you find that you cannot move on and this is hindering your performance, you may wish to consider to look for a new role and make a fresh start, but this would be the last resort option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending