Super Urgent! Royal Holloway (RHUL) or Newcastle University ? Watch

Tex01Willer
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I didn't get any useful guidance. So, I stayed with my insurance offer. I joined NU and finished the freshers week. not settled yet.
Tex01Willer
Rep:
?
My original post was blocked by the moderator - I guess that's why I did not get any opinion/advice from others!!
Tex01Willer
Rep:
?
here is it is .. too late!! (Note: Moderators, too bad to block my post.. I did not ost anything wrong!)

--------------------
Hi,
I firmed on Royal Holloway on MSci (Computer Science) and insured on Newcastle same course. Due to a small slip in my grade, RHUL offered B.Sc (CS) with foundation year!!!. I requested them to consider me for the original course but no luck. I rejected the foundation offer on the result day. Subsequently, I lost my accommodation offer at RHUL as well.

But Newcastle took into account my EPQ CS project (A grade) and offered the course. (I am London based to give more context). With Newcastle, now all set to go next week with accommodation included.

But just now (a couple of days back), RHUL came back with original course acceptance (if I am still interested) but said there is no guarantee of accommodation! (I don't want to commute from home).

The only advantage I see with RHUL is proximity to home, I can come home every couple of week. Big disadvantage is that I need to look for accommodation, they said pretty much all full on-campus. I may have to go private which are very expensive.

As far as Newcastle concerned, everything is a plus except staying away from home for at least whole term!.

Both CS courses are on-par in terms of content - module by module, students feedback on teaching and facilities. I am not too fussed about ranking and Russell brand etc. Also, city vs sub-urban lifestyle difference between the two is not an issue more me. I am neither a nerd nor a party animal - a simple average Joe from the middle class!

Please help - should I revisit RHUL offer or ignore and go with my NU plans? Please share your opinion. Thank you.

-----------------------------------
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tex01Willer)
I didn't get any useful guidance. So, I stayed with my insurance offer. I joined NU and finished the freshers week. not settled yet.
NU.
Tex01Willer
Rep:
?
Thanks, Rolling Stone. I am in NU now; got "Freshers Flu" :-(
Yet to figure out what NU is like!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.97%
They might tell the bully (32)
9.7%
I don't think they'd understand (50)
15.15%
It might lead to more bullying (124)
37.58%
There's nothing they could do (101)
30.61%

Watched Threads