SteffEva
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am originally from England but came to uni in Scotland 10 years ago and stayed after graduation. I would like to go back to England with my husband who is also English and study a masters degree. However, as I've been living in Scotland I'm unsure if I'll get funding for the masters in England. According to SAAS, finance for Scottish students at the masters level is available but only if the course is not taught in Scotland: "Eligible full-time students undertaking their studies in England, Wales or Northern Ireland will be subject to the same eligibility criteria as those studying in Scotland. However, students will only be eligible for support if their course is not available in Scotland."

Surely this can't be right? I want to apply for the Psychology Conversion Masters at UCLAN, however, the same conversion courses are available in Glasgow where I live. How can SAAS stop me from going to England? Could I apply for Student Finance England as that is who my first loan was with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nox97
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SteffEva)
I am originally from England but came to uni in Scotland 10 years ago and stayed after graduation. I would like to go back to England with my husband who is also English and study a masters degree. However, as I've been living in Scotland I'm unsure if I'll get funding for the masters in England. According to SAAS, finance for Scottish students at the masters level is available but only if the course is not taught in Scotland: "Eligible full-time students undertaking their studies in England, Wales or Northern Ireland will be subject to the same eligibility criteria as those studying in Scotland. However, students will only be eligible for support if their course is not available in Scotland."

Surely this can't be right? I want to apply for the Psychology Conversion Masters at UCLAN, however, the same conversion courses are available in Glasgow where I live. How can SAAS stop me from going to England? Could I apply for Student Finance England as that is who my first loan was with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, can I get an update on how this went
SteffEva
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, yes SAAS confirmed that they will only fund the course if its not available in Scotland. You can get funding from the Student Loans Company but you have to have been living in England for 3 months prior to applying for the loan and be a UK resident 🙂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (310)
84.01%
No (59)
15.99%

Watched Threads