sinfonietta blogs about life Watch

sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago

♔ who is sinfonietta
Hi, I’m sinfonietta aka. Tina. I’m 27. I'm an aspiring scientist with lavender hair, 17 piercings, and 11 tattoos. This statement will be untrue by next month. My appearance changes faster than the average university student changes their bed sheets.

My interests include: live music; travelling; fish-keeping; photography; writing fiction; reading; video games; alternative and androgynous fashion; body modification; skin care & cosmetics.

♔ what is this blog about
I decided to suspend my Grow your Grades blogging (Nov 2016- Sep 2019) due to taking a year out from my studies to do a sandwich placement with a biotechnology company. Some users showed interest in still wanting to hear about my life even if I'm not studying right now. I was planning on keeping a diary anyway so hey, if people are interested in reading about it then I guess I’ll just make it public.

♔ obligatory education section
I am studying a degree in Biomedical Science and I am on track to graduate in July 2021. Before deciding to pursue science I studied media and communication. I graduated from the University of the West of Scotland with a BA in Filmmaking and Screenwriting in 2016.

♔ current goals for 2019-20
— work on my fiction projects
— platinum Dynasty Warriors 8 on PS3
— save up for holiday(s) in August 2020

♔ the love of my life
Spoiler:
Show
Okay, I meant loves. These four are my babies and if you follow this blog then you will see lots of pictures of them as well as my fish. Maiko (top-left) and Keiko (bottom-left) are seven years old. Devyn (top-right) and Dante (bottom-right) are nine years old.

I AM GROOT 1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
:woo:

Cute cat :love:

If you have a tag list please tag me

Best of luck with everything :hugs:
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
will be watching(put it in my watched threads)
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Tag me in!!!
Yipeeeeeee
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
So excited! Especially excited for the cat photos. If you're doing a tag list please add me
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
cats:gah:
tag me pls
furryface12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
:lurk:
TheMadNerd93
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I'll be delighted to follow your blog, Tina Kindly tag me in your posts upon possibility.

And your cats are sooooo cuuuuteeee:nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts:
julietlima3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
faster than the average university student changes their bed sheets
that is not a high bar to set
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
tagtagtagtagtagtagtagtagtagtagta gtag
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Your cats look adorable:love:
watching :penguinhug:
sinfonietta
Rep:
?
I'm pleased to see there is so much interest in this.

(Original post by julietlima3)
that is not a high bar to set
:lol: I was aiming for a 1-2 month window!!
sinfonietta
Rep:
?

#1 sep 18 2019

Where do you start a blog that has no specific purpose?

How about with a picture from when Mikki (Maiko) was being naughty and jumped on top of Vincent’s tank the other night?

After being off university from April through to September, the last thing I needed was a week off right now. I’ve been floating around kind of unsure of what to do with myself.

On Friday night, I celebrated the news of getting a new job with a bottle of malbec. Then port. Then I made plans to go out with my friend M the next day. I’ve no memory of making these plans. I woke-up to a message saying, “Sure, see you then!” and figured 'crap, I've got to go now!' We went to Yo! Sushi for lunch and then spent far too much money in Lush and Yankee Candle before going for iced tea at Starbucks. It was the first time I'd seen her since we went to Malta together last month so it was nice to catch up.

The trend of spending too much continued into Sunday. The only necessary things I bought were clothing. I had a massive clear out over the summer and threw out the only autumn-appropriate jacket I owned. Well, except for a leather one. But a leather jacket with leather trousers and leather boots/shoes is too much leather! So I picked up this black and white jacket at 60% off.

I've had lavender hair about a week and a half and I already want to change it. Help.

When not making my debit card cry, I've been occupying my free time with housework and an attempt to remove all traces of university from view. But yesterday a cold that's been creeping up on me for a few days finally hit full-force, so I spent the afternoon in bed playing Ni no Kuni II - one of three games I bought in the current PSN sale.

plans for the next few days:
— beat this cold
— clean Vincent
— lunch with R
— buy shirts for work
— go with Mum to get new fish for her tank

tag list
I AM GROOT 1 Sammylou40 DrawTheLine entertainmyfaith furryface12 TheMadNerd93 Glaz
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Kitty wants to make friends with fishy :poke:

I thought you changed your hair again it looks blue in the pic :laugh:
I AM GROOT 1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
:love: fish tank looks amazing

Hair change again :eek3:
sinfonietta
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Kitty wants to make friends with fishy :poke:

I thought you changed your hair again it looks blue in the pic :laugh:
Unfortunately kitty has claws and can hurt fishy. :sad:

I did change it a little - I got a haircut! But yeah, this dye has faded weirdly fast and is looking a sort of pastel blue now! I keep going between hating and liking it. :lol:
(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
:love: fish tank looks amazing

Hair change again :eek3:
Thank you! I'm actually thinking of getting some new decorations for the tank when I go with my mum to [email protected] over the next few days.
sinfonietta
Rep:
?

#2 sep 18 2019 (pt 2)

I’ll answer the question you have here first: no, two updates/tags in a single day will not be the norm. I updated this morning figuring that I'd have more to talk about very soon anyway. I just didn't think it would be today!

Today started off with a bang — literally. My mother was admiring Vincent* while I was doing my make-up, when a boom sounded from the forest. Next thing we know there are flames. Our next door neighbour, D, went into the forest and quickly located and put out the fire before it had time to spread. Turns out it was school kids setting their jotters alight. D immediately went to report it to the local secondary school, the police are now involved, etc - and it's still only the start of term! :eek:

*for those of you who don't know Vincent:
Spoiler:
Show

The shirts I'd ordered online at the weekend were no good, so I decided to go into Glasgow to try some on in person. I timed my shopping trip so that I'd be done with that and grocery shopping by the time my friend, R, would finish in uni so we could go and get lunch. I kind of ditched him last week to take the phone call that led to the placement I'm now doing. We were going to go to a Korean restaurant, but there was a queue so we went to Ichiban instead. I ordered gyūdon. :yum:

I had been thinking of doing an 'outfit of the day' type thing in here. Fashion is a huge interest of mine (hi, in case you are unaware I am the Fashion & Beauty Forum Helper - also an FH in Relationships and, as of yesterday, Gaming too! ). It was something I'd considered in my GyG blogs but ultimately I felt it was irrelevant. So I took a photo before I left the house in case I decided to go through with it. If I needed validation then the world gave it. I was literally chased by gent in Glasgow this afternoon and asked to have my photo taken for a street fashion article. It's for a college student project. I've been there: been that media student trying to get people to cooperate. So of course I said yes. Plus, let's be honest - it was just flattering to be complimented on my style.

I'll probably get self-conscious and give up on this quickly but 'til that day,
outfit of the day:
Spoiler:
Show

plans for the next few days:
— beat this cold
— clean Vincent
— return clothes
— get season ticket for train
— go with Mum to get new fish for her tank

tag list
I AM GROOT 1 Sammylou40 DrawTheLine entertainmyfaith furryface12 TheMadNerd93 Glaz
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Vincent is one handsome fish
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
food looks delicious!! and your outfit looks amazing :heart:
sinfonietta
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Vincent is one handsome fish
I spend far too much time just admiring how pretty he is. :lol:
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
food looks delicious!! and your outfit looks amazing :heart:
It was yum. :yum: And thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

14.14%
12.41%
12.3%
18.05%
23.22%
19.89%

Watched Threads