The Student Room Group
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David

Accommodation Lampeter

so i am currently doing my access to higher education.

expecting to get highest grades possible and move onto take a liberal arts degree(medieval history, archaeology , anthropology,theology)

i am an older student , 27 and i really like the look of Lampeter as the subjects i wish to study are all there and the student lifestyle on campus is exactly what i am looking for.

i am a professional and run my own business also i have 2 Siberian huskies and live alone , this isn't negotiable so student accommodation is sadly out of the question , not that i would not share with other students but the lack of husky friendly landlords.

as such i would be moving me and my home down to wales for the foreseeable future and wondered if anyone has had a similar experience , anyone who has attended could recommend areas suitable close by

thanks
I am not a student there or from Lancaster but am aware of how rural it is. It might be described as a town but really it is no bigger than a village. It is half way between Carmarthen and Aberystwyth and is extremely rural. As you go out of Lampeter basically you are straight onto roads that are surrounded by farms and there are very small villages. There is a bus running between Carmarthen and Aberystwyth which I believe is the only Public transport. There is not a train service. I assume you are coming down by car. I would suggest looking into Carmarthenshire Estate Agencies to see what properties are let and the cost. Certainly there would be areas for walking your dogs. Other than you could try the residential services at the university to see what they can provide as they may have experience in dealing with someone in your circumstances.
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David

Quick Reply

Latest