username4946380
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Last night I attended a formal dinner.
I wore a black cocktail dress, teamed with fully fashioned black seamed stockings.
What did surprise though was the amount of people that made comments about my stockings, I hasten to add nothing detrimental.
I thought that there popularity these days was on the increase, and more girls were wearing them.
Perhaps it was a one off, but are there many girls out there that wear seamed stocking who have come across similar scenarios?
I would love to hear.
HumblyBumbly
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Brightongirl)
I wore a black cocktail dress, teamed with fully fashioned black seamed stockings.
What did surprise though was the amount of people that made comments about my stockings, I hasten to add nothing detrimental.
I thought that there popularity these days was on the increase, and more girls were wearing them.
Perhaps it was a one off, but are there many girls out there that wear seamed stocking who have come across similar scenarios?
I would love to hear.
sounds very hot - not very common and definitely takes confidence
username4946380
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumblyBumbly)
sounds very hot - not very common and definitely takes confidence
Thankyou Humbly Bumbly for your kind comments.
HumblyBumbly
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thankyou Humbly Bumbly for your kind comments.
You're welcome Brightongirl
username4946380
Rep:
?
You're welcome Brightongirl
I meant to say earlier. I love the name. However did you think of it?
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I meant to say earlier. I love the name. However did you think of it?
...go back to your hole
Cockpit Babe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by username4946380)
I would love to hear.
I'm not surprised.
They are not as common as you would think, that goes for Stockings in general.
I had a similar experience at an airline function not so long ago.
I also wore seamed stockings and had comments bestowed on me for most of the evening.
Fortunately like you not detrimental!!!
scorpion95
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't think that I have seen any, I would like to try them. I have worn stockings and not many people noticed. I don't see anything wrong with any stockings and would like to see some more girls wearing them and more often as they do have their benefits over tights. It is a good thing that when people do notice then they do give positive views/compliments
Tartan Lass
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by scorpion95)
I don't think that I have seen any, I would like to try them. I have worn stockings and not many people noticed. I don't see anything wrong with any stockings and would like to see some more girls wearing them and more often as they do have their benefits over tights. It is a good thing that when people do notice then they do give positive views/compliments
Hi Scorpion.
I have worn seamed stockings for many years now, outside of work.
Funny I dont see them as a fashion item.
I wear them because they look good and feel good on the legs.
I wont deny I get more than the odd complimentary comment.
You should try them yourself, and see how you get on.
Indeed they do have many benefits over tights.
I have been wearing stockings far to long now to ever think about going back to tights.
Tartan Lass
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tartan Lass)
Hi Scorpion.
I have worn seamed stockings for many years now, outside of work.
Funny I dont see them as a fashion item.
I wear them because they look good and feel good on the legs.
I wont deny I get more than the odd complimentary comment.
You should try them yourself, and see how you get on.
Indeed they do have many benefits over tights.
I have been wearing stockings far to long now to ever think about going back to tights.
Thanks Scorpion for the rep.
If you do buy any, let me know how you get on.
Tartan Lass
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi Scorpion.
Following on from last week's post.
Did you buy any seamed stockings? If so how are you getting on with them? Do you like them or not?
scorpion95
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tartan Lass)
Hi Scorpion.
Following on from last week's post.
Did you buy any seamed stockings? If so how are you getting on with them? Do you like them or not?
No haven't brought any yet, I will do at some point in the future. Any recommendations of websites or shops with good quality ones?
Tartan Lass
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No haven't brought any yet, I will do at some point in the future. Any recommendations of websites or shops with good quality ones?
Yes. I use Stockings direct.
They do some nice ones, with different designs of heels.
At the moment I wear the Manhattan, and Cuban heels.
You may decide on something different.
Being a stockings wearer I'm sure you will enjoy wearing them, and I am certain you will get some complimentary comments.
If you want any more information please feel free to pm me.
username4990394
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
My best friend, she wears seamed stockings alot, and suggested I might like them if I tried them.
I ordered a couple of pairs just to see what they are like.
To cut along story short we all went out on a girls night out recently, and I thought it would be a good opportunity to wear a pair .
All I can say is omg unbelievable I got so many really positive comments from men/women alike.
It made me feel really good about myself, and wearing them.
I am thinking now of wearing them to work.
I currently wear plain stockings to work as I work with alot of men, and dont want them to know I am wearing.
The problem I have is that by wearing seams to work it will be pretty obvious to the guys that I am wearing, which i dont want.
If they do find out, it will mean I will have to endure the banter and the usual comments associated with girls wearing stockings.
So do I take a chance and wear them to work, or do I just wear them socially?
Any advice would be great. Thanks.
HumblyBumbly
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Miss Fulham)
My best friend, she wears seamed stockings alot, and suggested I might like them if I tried them.
I ordered a couple of pairs just to see what they are like.
To cut along story short we all went out on a girls night out recently, and I thought it would be a good opportunity to wear a pair .
All I can say is omg unbelievable I got so many really positive comments from men/women alike.
It made me feel really good about myself, and wearing them.
I am thinking now of wearing them to work.
I currently wear plain stockings to work as I work with alot of men, and dont want them to know I am wearing.
The problem I have is that by wearing seams to work it will be pretty obvious to the guys that I am wearing, which i dont want.
If they do find out, it will mean I will have to endure the banter and the usual comments associated with girls wearing stockings.
So do I take a chance and wear them to work, or do I just wear them socially?
Any advice would be great. Thanks.
I swear this whole forum is one person talking to themselves with the exception of one message by scorpion95 responding once.

It's SOOO weird.
Bex94
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I swear this whole forum is one person talking to themselves with the exception of one message by scorpion95 responding once.

It's SOOO weird.
Yup! All new accounts, all discussing stockings and threads about periods and discharge. It definitely smacks of what you suggest. I actually thought the same thing on another thread.
Last edited by Bex94; 2 days ago
HumblyBumbly
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Bex94)
Yup! All new accounts, all discussing stockings and threads about periods and discharge. It definitely smacks of what you suggest. I actually thought the same thing on another thread.
literally all the posts sound so similar - same writing formate etc... just WEIRD!

Probably some 50 year old guy with a fetish for seamed stockings ... (no offence intended for 50 year old men)
Kookerella
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
ooop
Bex94
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
literally all the posts sound so similar - same writing formate etc... just WEIRD!

Probably some 50 year old guy with a fetish for seamed stockings ... (no offence intended for 50 year old men)
That’s what I thought on the other thread! Can’t blame a man for liking seamed stockings though; they are pretty lush but only good for work wear if you’re an attention seeker. I’m more 😳😳😳 about the periods and discharge that are mentioned in their other posts! 😂
HumblyBumbly
Rep:
?
Report 22 hours ago
(Original post by Bex94)
That’s what I thought on the other thread! Can’t blame a man for liking seamed stockings though; they are pretty lush but only good for work wear if you’re an attention seeker. I’m more 😳😳😳 about the periods and discharge that are mentioned in their other posts! 😂
Is it the same "person" discussing periods and discharge elsewhere? damn that's weird.

Have to admit I haven't met anyone that I have seen wear in seamed stockings in person so can't make a comment, but clearly some people really like them 😂😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (130)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.21%
Not great so far... (255)
35.76%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.79%

Watched Threads