Am I allowed to put a bird feeder in the local park?

Watch
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Am I allowed to put a bird feeder in the local park? I'm doing a project for Design and Technology and wanted to create a product that could be used in the 'countryside', and was wondering if anyone knows the laws about bird feeders in the park? lol thanks
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by vix.xvi)
Am I allowed to put a bird feeder in the local park? I'm doing a project for Design and Technology and wanted to create a product that could be used in the 'countryside', and was wondering if anyone knows the laws about bird feeders in the park? lol thanks
I'm assuming your local council would own the park, so it's best to give them a ring / drop them an email and see what they say. You'll likely need their permission.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
What DTL said. Parks and recreation or the park may have a caretaker.
Confirmation from the school would be good as well.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As the above said best to check with the council or whoever owns the park
Out of interest why a bird feeder for the countryside? Surely there would be a bigger market for garden bird feeders and it would be easier to test as well
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
As the above said best to check with the council or whoever owns the park
Out of interest why a bird feeder for the countryside? Surely there would be a bigger market for garden bird feeders and it would be easier to test as well
the context said 'countryside' so have to make something for the countryside, although a brid feeder would be more suitable in a garden
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
the context said 'countryside' so have to make something for the countryside, although a brid feeder would be more suitable in a garden
Ah fair enough, if it's in the brief then it has to be followed
Have you looked up good habitats for birds? that could be somewhere to start, hedgerows in the countryside are really good for birds so could be a good place to design a feeder for
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
34.07%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (714)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (345)
19.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.58%

Watched Threads