The Student Room Group

Talking to underage girl

Hello guys need some advice and help this underage girl 14 added me on fb popped up to me and we started casually chatting as u do she asked me if I found her attractive I said yes then she started asking me to stay over hers which I never answered now these messages are being exposed and apparently its online grooming and I'm a pedo I dnt think this is true need help it was a stupid mistake and shouldnt of happened I told her I'm 27 and we shouldn't be talking she said it didnt bother her and I went along with it can someone help me please in going out my mind thanks

Scroll to see replies

All you said was that she’s attractive, which although questionable, isn’t a crime. Just block her on every platform and completely cut her out of your life. And I hope you learn your lesson to not speak like that again to girls 13 years younger than you.
Reply 2
My advice would be to learn how to use full stops
Thanks guys I appreciate the feed back.
You should have stopped talking to her the moment she revealed her age
Reply 5
Unless you agreed to stay over at hers I would not worry about it.
Original post by bones-mccoy
You should have stopped talking to her the moment she revealed her age

I know it was a stupid mistake but nothing eles happened my anxiety it badly playing up my head was saying block but I ignored it and I shouldnt of it was a mistake
Original post by Stevesinger27
Hello guys need some advice and help this underage girl 14 added me on fb popped up to me and we started casually chatting as u do she asked me if I found her attractive I said yes then she started asking me to stay over hers which I never answered now these messages are being exposed and apparently its online grooming and I'm a pedo I dnt think this is true need help it was a stupid mistake and shouldnt of happened I told her I'm 27 and we shouldn't be talking she said it didnt bother her and I went along with it can someone help me please in going out my mind thanks

Don't fall for the bait. I bet the person is not real and it’s an online fraudster trying to blackmail or pressure you into giving them money.

If she is real and 14, then you should stop and cut off all communication. Ignore and try to withstand the pressure. Soon she will get bored and stop bothering you. Remember she added you, started a conversation and then invited you to her place, so she is prob sick and needs some help.

Finally, stop moving to underage girls. It is a crime. You should date women that are around your age, not those thinking about their GCSEs.

Dating age calculator for men = [ (Man’s age) / 2 ] + 7 years.

That’s what I was told by my cousin. Good luck.
Original post by Wired_1800
Don't fall for the bait. I bet the person is not real and it’s an online fraudster trying to blackmail or pressure you into giving them money.

If she is real and 14, then you should stop and cut off all communication. Ignore and try to withstand the pressure. Soon she will get bored and stop bothering you. Remember she added you, started a conversation and then invited you to her place, so she is prob sick and needs some help.

Finally, stop moving to underage girls. It is a crime. You should date women that are around your age, not those thinking about their GCSEs.

Dating age calculator for men = [ (Man’s age) / 2 ] + 7 years.

That’s what I was told by my cousin. Good luck.

Thank u for your message
Original post by Le Male
Unless you agreed to stay over at hers I would not worry about it.

There is a criminal offence of "sexual communication with a child", and it's sexual if it relates to sexual activity or the reasonable person would understand it to be sexual (even if the defendant does not).

This applies where D is 18+ and V is under 16 and D does not reasonably believe that V is 16+.

It doesn't rely on agreeing to meet up following grooming.
Original post by Notoriety
There is a criminal offence of "sexual communication with a child", and it's sexual if it relates to sexual activity or the reasonable person would understand it to be sexual (even if the defendant does not).

This applies where D is 18+ and V is under 16 and D does not reasonably believe that V is 16+.

All she asked was do I find her hot I said yes then she started asking me to stay at hers which I never answered I just said where do u live that's it but the whole conversation shouldnt of happened she added me first
All she asked was do I find her hot I said yes then she started asking me to stay at hers which I never answered I just said where do u live that's it but the whole conversation shouldnt of happened she added me first

You're a troll, so not bothered. Just responding to that other user's point.
You're a troll, so not bothered. Just responding to that other user's point.

I'm not a troll I was just posting for some advice and feedback that's it on a situation that shouldnt of happened cheers
I'm not a troll I was just posting for some advice and feedback that's it on a situation that shouldnt of happened cheers

lol
ladies and gentleman... we got him.
Reply 15

Sexting is obviously illegal also. But answering yes to "do you find me hot?" whilst questionable should not be illegal.
Original post by Le Male
Sexting is obviously illegal also. But answering yes to "do you find me hot?" whilst questionable should not be illegal.

I think the offence is wider than sexting tbh.
Never think it will happen to you? Wouldn't even think about how to prep yourself in a situation like that to use terms other then 'attractive' to describe if they like to look good. It will happen. I don't think the police are zealous unlike the hunters out there.

Should have blocked and deleted her from the time you knew her age. No reason for a 27 year old man to be talking to a 14 year old child. Even if there was no sinister intentions because no matter how you look at it, it's just distasteful.

I don't even know why you answered that question if she was attractive or not. Inappropriate
Reply 19

Reading your OP, I would put money on it not being a real 14 year old girl but someone with a vendetta against you who wanted to cause some damage. That or someone put the 14 year old girl upto it.

I mean what 14 year old girl immediately asks some random adult male on facebook to come over to her place?
Are you like 10/10 looks wise and a famous youtuber or something?
If not then I cannot see this happening.

kinda a bit too convienient also it all got exposed and your family and friends etc alerted.

You've not done enough to get arrested so don't worry about that, but it appears there has been some damage to your reputation.

next time don't be so stupid.
(edited 4 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending