KianE03
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I’ve just started year 11 and I’ve been thinking of doing things to help me get into university, possibly Oxbridge. I’ve just quit football which I had been doing for 7 years to focus on my GCSE’s. I currently play guitar and I’m doing grade 4 and I’ve done a few other co curricular stuff but I kind of regret quitting football. I want to start another sport to count as an extra curricular activity. So should I start a new sport? If so, what? And also is playing sport for school enough? Do I have to become captain?
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by KianE03)
I’ve just started year 11 and I’ve been thinking of doing things to help me get into university, possibly Oxbridge. I’ve just quit football which I had been doing for 7 years to focus on my GCSE’s. I currently play guitar and I’m doing grade 4 and I’ve done a few other co curricular stuff but I kind of regret quitting football. I want to start another sport to count as an extra curricular activity. So should I start a new sport? If so, what? And also is playing sport for school enough? Do I have to become captain?
No, you do not have to become a captain. The guitar is fine. I was told by an Oxford student it is best to concentrate on one hobby on your PS, but say why you enjoy it so much. They don't want a list, or want you to have played football for England! Being head boy or girl doesn't count either!.

Use the time to concentrate on extra research into your subject.
blackthrn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
they couldn't care less about extra curriculars. focus on supercurriculars which extend what you learn in school, rather than unrelated stuff.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.64%
No (649)
65.36%

Watched Threads