Ticker insurance

Watch
redslash2000
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Does anyone have any experiences/knowledge on the telematics insurance company Ticker. Noticed they were popping up as the cheapest company for premiums on all the quotes I was doing, they are very new and seem to be heavily influenced by celebrities. Honestly kinda skeptical as to if they are a bit of a rip-off of a company.

Many thanks
Last edited by redslash2000; 6 months ago
repsaJ
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by redslash2000)
Does anyone have any experiences/knowledge on the telematics insurance company Ticker. Noticed they were popping up as the cheapest company for premiums on all the quotes I was doing, they are very new and seem to be heavily influenced by celebrities. Honestly kinda skeptical as to if they are a bit of a rip-off of a company.

Many thanks
I have just come across this company too. The reviews all look good - although they don't seem to have been around long enough to see what happens at renewal time! I have read lots of bad reviews of black box companies ... but am tempted by this one, as it does sound a little more lenient (no curfews for one thing). I thought I'd reply to your post just to bump it up a bit to see if there is anyone who has taken out a policy with them ...
Did you opt to go with them in the end?
xDron3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
All black box companies are rip offs. Try get a non telematics policy.
redslash2000
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by repsaJ)
I have just come across this company too. The reviews all look good - although they don't seem to have been around long enough to see what happens at renewal time! I have read lots of bad reviews of black box companies ... but am tempted by this one, as it does sound a little more lenient (no curfews for one thing). I thought I'd reply to your post just to bump it up a bit to see if there is anyone who has taken out a policy with them ...
Did you opt to go with them in the end?
Didn't opt with them as I ended up leaning towards a no black box policy with swinton insurance as it suited me a little more. I'm not sure i'd trust ticker yet in hindsight.
redslash2000
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by xDron3)
All black box companies are rip offs. Try get a non telematics policy.
Exactly what I ended up doing
xDron3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Exactly what I ended up doing
That's a huge relief to hear. You'll have most likely saved yourself a year of annoyance.and anger
DarkSymphony
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Who did you end up going for without a black box? And how much did it cost you?
redslash2000
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by DarkSymphony)
Who did you end up going for without a black box? And how much did it cost you?
Didnt like the idea of being limited on miles and them screwing me over in the event I do something stupid as a result of them watching me constantly. Costs me about 300 pounds more than what i would have paid for a black box but compared to friends who currently have black boxes i defo feel it was worth it.
DarkSymphony
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I see. I personally am looking for quotes now but it's looking like I'm going to have to go for a black box because I'm getting £1809 with one and around £3k without one. Cheapest being the one named on this thread. It says on my quote that they have no curfews though, so that's a great thing I suppose. What do you think? Do you know of anyone insured with this company?
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I see. I personally am looking for quotes now but it's looking like I'm going to have to go for a black box because I'm getting £1809 with one and around £3k without one. Cheapest being the one named on this thread. It says on my quote that they have no curfews though, so that's a great thing I suppose. What do you think? Do you know of anyone insured with this company?
Look at a different car and you'll find insurance without telematics for a reasonable price.
redslash2000
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I see. I personally am looking for quotes now but it's looking like I'm going to have to go for a black box because I'm getting £1809 with one and around £3k without one. Cheapest being the one named on this thread. It says on my quote that they have no curfews though, so that's a great thing I suppose. What do you think? Do you know of anyone insured with thiscompany
That sounds quite high, have you took time to play around with your quote settings to work out what makes it cheaper, for example I put my mum and dad as named drivers and it bought it down alot. Also what car are you using if you dont mind me asking. I don't have any friends with ticker so i cant give any insight on that really, all my friends are with insurethebox, RAC or Co op i think. Be careful with "no curfews" im not sure this is true for tickers but for some companies although theres no action against you driving late at noght they often lower your driving score meaning youre less likely to benefit from the rewards of driving safely.

Hope I've answered some of your questions
DarkSymphony
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Look at a different car and you'll find insurance without telematics for a reasonable price.
I've looked at multiple cars and it's not changing much. Cheapest non-telematics quote still at 3k. I've also done all of the things people recommend, named drivers for example, I've got my dad on it.
DarkSymphony
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
That sounds quite high, have you took time to play around with your quote settings to work out what makes it cheaper, for example I put my mum and dad as named drivers and it bought it down alot. Also what car are you using if you dont mind me asking. I don't have any friends with ticker so i cant give any insight on that really, all my friends are with insurethebox, RAC or Co op i think. Be careful with "no curfews" im not sure this is true for tickers but for some companies although theres no action against you driving late at noght they often lower your driving score meaning youre less likely to benefit from the rewards of driving safely.

Hope I've answered some of your questions
Yeah I've been spending a decent amount of time playing around trying to see if there's anything in particular that would change the prices but it's not really. I've got my dad as my named driver as in my family he's the only one who drives. I've been checking multiple cars, Mini one (1.4), Sest Ibiza (1.2 and 1.4) and now in particular Peugeot 207 (1.4). You'd imagine that lowering the engine size would reduce your quote but I've had more expensive quotes for a small Ibiza than the others. Idk, weird things. I'm very happy to go with a non telematics quote, I would really like to but the cheapest one I get is from Churchill for around 3k.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I've looked at multiple cars and it's not changing much. Cheapest non-telematics quote still at 3k. I've also done all of the things people recommend, named drivers for example, I've got my dad on it.
How many is multiple? You need to do some serious legwork if you want the cheapest quote.
DarkSymphony
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
How many is multiple? You need to do some serious legwork if you want the cheapest quote.
Multiple being quite a lot. But I'm happy to say that today I decided to give it a go and run a quote in Direct Line's website and got a quote without a black box for around the same price as the one I was writing about in this thread. I will probably go for that one!
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Multiple being quite a lot. But I'm happy to say that today I decided to give it a go and run a quote in Direct Line's website and got a quote without a black box for around the same price as the one I was writing about in this thread. I will probably go for that one!
Good for you!
Mazl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
My son was with ticker until today 23.12.19.Don't touch them. They are a terrible company. They cancelled his insurance today without telling him. I had to take over the call to deal with them. The call handler said he was sent an email. No he wasn't.. We checked. I am a named driver on the policy. Apparently they cancelled policy a week ago. I have been driving that car without insurance as has my son. I asked why they hadn't contacted me even as a named driver. Said its not in their terms and conditions. My son is only 18. Said they had him recorded as doing speed in excess of 60 miles per hour on a 30. I was about to rip my sons head off until she told me the road he was alleged to have been speeding on. It would have been impossible to do that on this road as it is firstly not long enough. Has a speed camera on it. A hump backed bridge and bends. Into the bargain. It is an arterial route to a main shopping centre and it was a Saturday afternoon. And that road is very busy as it is the main road. All this alleged to have happened 2 weeks ago at lunch time. I said to the woman. You are mistaken and your software is wrong. It's impossible to do that speed. He would have looked like someone someone on need for speed or GTA and the speed camera would have picked him up. But that road is chokablok on a Saturday. Plus it's a 1.2 engine. Wasn't having it. Go for a non black box policy. Cheaper in long run.. Issues the year before with him were I had to pay 500 quid extra to purchase 2k extra miles. Then a further 500 because he needed more miles a week before the policy was due for renewal. These policies are a rip off
Pwf2019
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Same has just happened to my son and now looks like it will be very difficult to get insurance cover!
KFOXXY1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi Can you tell me what happened with Ticker ? My son has had the exact same thing happen to him - I am devastated as we have only just found out and I cant contact them until tomorrow. Both my husband and I are named drivers on this policy - will our insurance be affected ?
Pwf2019
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by KFOXXY1)
Hi Can you tell me what happened with Ticker ? My son has had the exact same thing happen to him - I am devastated as we have only just found out and I cant contact them until tomorrow. Both my husband and I are named drivers on this policy - will our insurance be affected ?
Yours shouldn’t be as your son is the policy holder. He will need to declare it when asked if he has had a policy cancelled! Try Go Girl as an alternative and it’s not got a black box!! Cost more but not horrific!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (76)
62.81%
No (45)
37.19%

Watched Threads