scienceyyy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I have had a last minute change of mind from medicine to dentistry.

I was going to apply for medicine but I have come to the realisation that it probably won't be a suitable career choice for me since you spend such a long time studying.

The idea of dentistry seems more appealing.

I do A-level Chemistry, Biology, Physics & Maths with predicted A*A*A*A respectively (but I might drop physics and do an EPQ).

I have work experience in a GP practice and a hospital but I don't have work experience in a dental practice. I also started volunteering with children with Autism in July. Is it still possible for me to still apply for dentistry?
becky_5642
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by scienceyyy)
Hi, I have had a last minute change of mind from medicine to dentistry.

I was going to apply for medicine but I have come to the realisation that it probably won't be a suitable career choice for me since you spend such a long time studying.

The idea of dentistry seems more appealing.

I do A-level Chemistry, Biology, Physics & Maths with predicted A*A*A*A respectively (but I might drop physics and do an EPQ).

I have work experience in a GP practice and a hospital but I don't have work experience in a dental practice. I also started volunteering with children with Autism in July. Is it still possible for me to still apply for dentistry?
dentistry is still 5 years at uni.

U have good predictions but don't know ur GCSE grades they could affect chances and will need to do ucat soon if u are to apply for this years cycle. I strongly recommend doing dental work experience not only do the unis require it + look out for it it will also strengthen ur personal statement and u will know for sure if its for you
geniequeen48
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes definitely you're in the perfect time honestly. They have the same standards like completing the UCAT etc, just tailor your PS towards dentistry so you should be good to go. If it doesn't work out you try clearing (if they do) or gap year.
Last edited by geniequeen48; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.5%
I'm not sure (51)
4.54%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.36%
I have already dropped out (34)
3.02%
I'm not a current university student (546)
48.58%

Watched Threads