stack__
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys, i was just wondering if you guys think its worth doing CompTIA A+? I already did an advanced level apprenticeship and also i got my BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT. I am also studying Computer Science degree right now. But someone got into my head with the Comptia A+ but i dont know if its worth doing it?
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Probably not - the skills taught for CompTIA A+ are for beginners looking to break into an entry-level IT support role. If you've completed an advanced level apprenticeship in IT already then you've probably already got those skills. Your degree should also cover some areas like hardware, operating systems and networking along many other topics which will open up a lot more opportunities, especially if you choose to pick up any internships/placements along the way. .
Last edited by winterscoming; 1 year ago
stack__
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by winterscoming)
Probably not - the skills taught for CompTIA A+ are for beginners looking to break into an entry-level IT support role. If you've completed an advanced level apprenticeship in IT already then you've probably already got those skills. Your degree should also cover some areas like hardware, operating systems and networking along many other topics which will open up a lot more opportunities, especially if you choose to pick up any internships/placements along the way. .

Yeah true.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (53)
18.03%
No one else does (91)
30.95%
I'm embarrassed about my background (32)
10.88%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (99)
33.67%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.04%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.38%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.04%

Watched Threads