The Student Room Group

Warwick Economics, need serious help (UPSET)

I am really scared and upset about the thought of not getting Warwick Economics.
GCSE: 6A*'s 4 A's 1C (ina language)

However, for my AS Levels, I feel like a flopped. I got A in Chemistry, B in maths, B in economics and B in biology. I was close to A's in all 3 of them, which is such a shame.

Have I ruined my chances for Economics? I don't even mind applying for Economics and Industrial Organisation if It gives me a better chance.
Does it just look like im declining Academically? Is ABBB bad?

Please help me, i'm really upset!
ABBB is fantastic, you seriously have nothing to worry about - people usually go down a grade in a levels compared to their gcse's due to them being more difficult - this is not declining at all and you still have another year ahead of you! What are your predicted grades? Universities base their entry criteria on your predicted grades (which tend to be one grade higher than your AS level). You're also forgetting that you have a fourth A level to boost your application. Do you plan on dropping one? Personally I would carry on with all four as you're achieving really good grades and you're doing really well but would you consider dropping one in order to do better in your other three subjects?
Currently warwick uni asks for A*AA which equates to 156 ucas points. Ucas points mean more to unis than the actual letter grades as it gives students a better chance if they do better in one a level but achieve lower grades in the other. If you ABBB as your final a level results this would equate to 168 points which is more than enough. Furthermore unis often ask for more than you really need to get on the course. For example if a uni asks for ABB in their entry requirements and you achieved BBC you might still get offered a place (this is something that happened to a real life friend of mine).
Reply 2
Original post by s45436934
ABBB is fantastic, you seriously have nothing to worry about - people usually go down a grade in a levels compared to their gcse's due to them being more difficult - this is not declining at all and you still have another year ahead of you! What are your predicted grades? Universities base their entry criteria on your predicted grades (which tend to be one grade higher than your AS level). You're also forgetting that you have a fourth A level to boost your application. Do you plan on dropping one? Personally I would carry on with all four as you're achieving really good grades and you're doing really well but would you consider dropping one in order to do better in your other three subjects?
Currently warwick uni asks for A*AA which equates to 156 ucas points. Ucas points mean more to unis than the actual letter grades as it gives students a better chance if they do better in one a level but achieve lower grades in the other. If you ABBB as your final a level results this would equate to 168 points which is more than enough. Furthermore unis often ask for more than you really need to get on the course. For example if a uni asks for ABB in their entry requirements and you achieved BBC you might still get offered a place (this is something that happened to a real life friend of mine).

Thank you so much. This really means so much to me. My predicted are A* A A. Still good enough? I also qualify for the contextual offer.
Original post by SweetiePIEZ
Thank you so much. This really means so much to me. My predicted are A* A A. Still good enough? I also qualify for the contextual offer.

If they ask for A*AA and you are predicted A*AA AND qualify for a lower offer than ofc you are fine
Original post by SweetiePIEZ

You're welcome hunny. I wish you the best of luck, I hope you get in xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending