Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

So I'm a BCU student officially enrolled (according to MySRS) on my course (Computer Science with a Foundation year).

After I enrolled, I was emailed about attending the welcome day on Monday 16th September. It also said to download the 'University Assistant' to know where you need to go as there is lots going on that day. I downloaded the university assistant app and all I get is a white screen. Nothing else shows. I entered all my details correctly because I verified my student status with my uni email. Yet, I'm still stuck with this white screen (I will try to attach a screenshot of it).

Now, I may be asking a stupid question with a stupidly obvious answer, but what do I do about my Student ID card??? The only information I have on it says that I need to go to a certain place on campus but it says for collection. Do I just assume I need to bring the basic documents with me?? Passport??? Proof of enrollment??? Do I need a photo of me that can be used on the ID card??? Are they gonna take that there??? I've just never done this before so I have no idea what to do and have got nobody to ask.

After a lot of searching online, I found a page (I think it was on BCU's website) that said that when I enroll it will ask me to upload a photo for my Student ID card, yet it never asked me to do that.

I know this post is a bit late, considering the Welcome day is tomorrow. I just thought maybe the app would start working, or I would find some more information about this stuff online. But I've searched for days and have found nothing. All anything or anyone ever says is download the 'University Assistant' app.
Anonymous #1
replying to this post because I don't know how to edit if you even can and I forgot to try and add the screenshot (sorry).
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

So I'm a BCU student officially enrolled (according to MySRS) on my course (Computer Science with a Foundation year).

After I enrolled, I was emailed about attending the welcome day on Monday 16th September. It also said to download the 'University Assistant' to know where you need to go as there is lots going on that day. I downloaded the university assistant app and all I get is a white screen. Nothing else shows. I entered all my details correctly because I verified my student status with my uni email. Yet, I'm still stuck with this white screen (I will try to attach a screenshot of it).

Now, I may be asking a stupid question with a stupidly obvious answer, but what do I do about my Student ID card??? The only information I have on it says that I need to go to a certain place on campus but it says for collection. Do I just assume I need to bring the basic documents with me?? Passport??? Proof of enrollment??? Do I need a photo of me that can be used on the ID card??? Are they gonna take that there??? I've just never done this before so I have no idea what to do and have got nobody to ask.

After a lot of searching online, I found a page (I think it was on BCU's website) that said that when I enroll it will ask me to upload a photo for my Student ID card, yet it never asked me to do that.

I know this post is a bit late, considering the Welcome day is tomorrow. I just thought maybe the app would start working, or I would find some more information about this stuff online. But I've searched for days and have found nothing. All anything or anyone ever says is download the 'University Assistant' app.
Hi!

Sorry for the delay, apologies the app doesn't seem to be working for you, I'm not sure why that is, but don't worry, everything you need to know for today is on this page: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/computing-engi...s-msci-2019-20 You can download your induction week timetable from here too.

You have a Faculty Welcome Talk at 10am in the Think Tank Lecture Theatre which is on level 3 of Millennium Point, if your arrive early 'Student Buddies' will be around from 8.45am onwards in Millennium Point to welcome you and help with directions, so they might be able to direct you where to go for your Student ID card. It sounds like the webpage you found might be a little out of date as you don't need to uplaod a photo anymore, they'll take one of you here, and yes, just bring all the ID you mentioned and evidence of enrolment etc.

I hope this helps and enjoy Welcome Week!

Thanks,

Lydia
Anonymous #1
Hi,

Thanks for the reply! I went to the Welcome Day, and the Student Buddy there directed me towards the Think Tank Lecture Theatre. The Student Buddies showed us where to get our ID cards from and also took us to the other event in the Curzon building. From there I was able to ask around and get the app sorted out too!

Thankyou for the help Lydia!
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

Thanks for the reply! I went to the Welcome Day, and the Student Buddy there directed me towards the Think Tank Lecture Theatre. The Student Buddies showed us where to get our ID cards from and also took us to the other event in the Curzon building. From there I was able to ask around and get the app sorted out too!

Thankyou for the help Lydia!
That's great! Glad you got it all sorted Have an amazing first week, make sure you get along to the Welcome Fair on Wednesday and you can find out what else is going on here.

Lydia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 24 Nov '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.55%
No (211)
76.45%

Watched Threads