The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

MA100/ST102 or MA107/ST107 + GY121 Sustainable Development

I am going to be starting my Accounting and Finance course at LSE this year but I am having a very hard time choosing between MA100/ST102 or MA107/ST107 + GY121 Sustainable Development. As someone who is aiming for a First, what are the benefits/advantages of picking MA100/ST102 over MA107/ST107 or vice versa and how will it affect me in year 2 and year 3. Will I get the same amount of credit and will it contribute for the same amount for my overall degree and result.
What is the work load like for both options and considering I haven't studied A Level Further Maths and having achieved an A for A Level Maths what option would be best for me. I also hated statistics at A Level but loved pure/core maths.
Reply 1
Also, do employers know what options you sat and are the options shown on your final degree when you receive it.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
It's gonna be difficult for anyone to give a direct comparison between MA100 + ST102 vs MA107 + ST107 since no one (I think) will have studied both combinations. Generally it is easier to get a First in quantitative subjects than in more qualitative subjects, so if a First is your main goal it may be worth doing the first option and ditching GY121
Reply 3
Original post by h3110
It's gonna be difficult for anyone to give a direct comparison between MA100 + ST102 vs MA107 + ST107 since no one (I think) will have studied both combinations. Generally it is easier to get a First in quantitative subjects than in more qualitative subjects, so if a First is your main goal it may be worth doing the first option and ditching GY121

Is it true that your your best 3 options contribute to your overall grade?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Is it true that your your best 3 options contribute to your overall grade?OI

For your first year grade, each of your full units are counted twice and half units are counted once, so in total you have 8 grades. The best 6 of these are averaged and the result is your grade for first year, which counts as 1/9th of your total degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending