TarikAtakan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
As I am planning to do Law in Uni are Maths,Law and Physics the right subjects to pick and what are the standard requirements for unis near me (north east wales) or abroad if it’s cheaper. And the nearest uni which is Glyndwr does not offer it sadly and I am confused if they accept Baccalaureate which is mandatory in Wales.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TarikAtakan)
As I am planning to do Law in Uni are Maths,Law and Physics the right subjects to pick and what are the standard requirements for unis near me (north east wales) or abroad if it’s cheaper. And the nearest uni which is Glyndwr does not offer it sadly and I am confused if they accept Baccalaureate which is mandatory in Wales.
There are no specifics, but if I was advising I would say do the subjects you can get good grades in with least effort.
Get into the best uni you can.

There are some preferred subjects for higher end unis, but yours are fine by any measure.

You need grades.
You should also look at which unis accept welsh bacc.

Law isnt required either and something like Lit or History is just as good.
Best grades and then best uni you can get into that meets your needs.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
These are the unis in Wales that offer Law.

https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...?r=wales&s=Law

You will have to check on each uni website to confirm that they accept the Welsh Bacc but Cardiff do so I imagine the others will also
TarikAtakan
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
There are no specifics, but if I was advising I would say do the subjects you can get good grades in with least effort.
Get into the best uni you can.

There are some preferred subjects for higher end unis, but yours are fine by any measure.

You need grades.
You should also look at which unis accept welsh bacc.

Law isnt required either and something like Lit or History is just as good.
Best grades and then best uni you can get into that meets your needs.
What’s the best uni near north east wales as preferably I don’t want to pay for accommodation and my local Glyndwr uni don’t offer law which would have been the best option as it’s so near.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
What’s the best uni near north east wales as preferably I don’t want to pay for accommodation and my local Glyndwr uni don’t offer law which would have been the best option as it’s so near.
I thought you were going to Turkey or Germany?

UK Unis select on your grades for entrance.
Surely a map and then draw an area round your house as to how far you are prepared to travel will help select your uni?
NE Wales isnt known for Law schools.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So it's Turkey, Germany or North Wales :confused:

Bangor is probably your closest uni offering Law - whether it is commutable I wouldn't know.
TarikAtakan
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
So it's Turkey, Germany or North Wales :confused:

Bangor is probably your closest uni offering Law - whether it is commutable I wouldn't know.
Bangor is an hour and a half out in the car.
TarikAtakan
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
I thought you were going to Turkey or Germany?

UK Unis select on your grades for entrance.
Surely a map and then draw an area round your house as to how far you are prepared to travel will help select your uni?
NE Wales isnt known for Law schools.
It’s a shame wrexham doesn’t offer law and I’m of Turkish descent and born in wales but Germany was a example of a European country with free uni in English.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bangor is an hour and a half out in the car.
It's up to you but I wouldn't consider that commutable on a daily basis, personally. You will probably need to move away from home to attend uni (or choose a different subject) but at least that opens up more choices. Cardiff and Swansea are the two best unis in Wales for Law.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was gonna reply, but don't want to get into the quagmire of these weird questions by this particular user which make no sense.
TarikAtakan
Rep:
?
It's up to you but I wouldn't consider that commutable on a daily basis, personally. You will probably need to move away from home to attend uni (or choose a different subject) but at least that opens up more choices. Cardiff and Swansea are the two best unis in Wales for Law.
How good is Chester
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How good is Chester
You keep asking questions but if you want to do well in a Law degree you will need to enjoy doing your own research. It’s easy enough to find the answer to where Chester sits in the league tables and you need to attend Open Days at places like Chester and Bangor if you want to find out if they are good choices for you
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How good is Chester
No one is gonna do your research for you lad

Best thing you can do is delete your TSR account. That should force you to seek your answers elsewhere.
TarikAtakan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notoriety)
I was gonna reply, but don't want to get into the quagmire of these weird questions by this particular user which make no sense.
Sorry for phrasing the questions in a stupid way
TarikAtakan
Rep:
?
(Original post by JohanGRK)
No one is gonna do your research for you lad

Best thing you can do is delete your TSR account. That should force you to seek your answers elsewhere.
I though there may have been someone who's
actually been to Chester uni instead of just league tables.
TarikAtakan
Rep:
?
You keep asking questions but if you want to do well in a Law degree you will need to enjoy doing your own research. It’s easy enough to find the answer to where Chester sits in the league tables and you need to attend Open Days at places like Chester and Bangor if you want to find out if they are good choices for you
I’m a first year A level student so can I go to open days and Chester is 93rd for Law and I’ll look at Bangor after as Chester is the only non accommodation requiring uni so far as the others are far.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m a first year A level student so can I go to open days and Chester is 93rd for Law and I’ll look at Bangor after as Chester is the only non accommodation requiring uni so far as the others are far.
Yes you can go to Open Days in Year 12, no problem
TarikAtakan
Rep:
?
Yes you can go to Open Days in Year 12, no problem
Thanks a lot I’ll have to do my research then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (60)
23.81%
No (192)
76.19%

Watched Threads