The Student Room Group

I hate my degree

I'm so sorry for writing my own story here too
Please I need your advice on this issue of life because I'm so depressed and frustrated right now.
I'm also in a uni studying environmental biology
I'm currently in my 400 level moving to 500 level
I don't like the course I'm studying and I got to discover early but the reason why couldn't quit was because I don't have a father any more and it was my two uncle that was sponsoring me so I was ashamed to stop and to dissapoint them because they already paid for my hostel fee and my tuition fee in my first year which worth a whole lot of money because I attend a state university.
I entered uni when I was 17 and now I'm 21 I will be 22 by next year April. I still have one more year to use cos it's a 5 years course, for the past years my result in the uni is not encouraging at all infact the least I can graduate with is 2:5 cgpa .
Now I wake up in the midnight and cry because I feel my life is stocked .
What do you think I can do now I've discovered what I love which is Technology.
Original post by comfort4444
Please I need your advice on this issue of life because I'm so depressed and frustrated right now.
I don't like the course I'm studying and I got to discover early but the reason why couldn't quit was because I don't have a father any more and it was my two uncle that was sponsoring me so I was ashamed to stop and to dissapoint them because they already paid for my hostel fee and my tuition fee in my first year which worth a whole lot of money because I attend a state university.
I entered uni when I was 17 and now I'm 21 I will be 22 by next year April. I still have one more year to use cos it's a 5 years course, for the past years my result in the uni is not encouraging at all infact the least I can graduate with is 2:5 cgpa .

Hi,

Where do you study? If it is abroad, please can you you give me information on how the system works before I can help you?
Reply 2
Original post by benstables16
Hi,

Where do you study? If it is abroad, please can you you give me information on how the system works before I can help you?

I study in Nigeria not in abroad
Reply 3
Original post by comfort4444

you've done 4/5 years so dropping out now would be a waste, just because you have a degree in a certain field doesn't mean you have to work in it
Reply 4
I’m Nigerian aswell you can do anything your mind sets. The sky is your limit if you like technology do it in your spare time and put it on your CV. Pray about it and continue on with your degree

Quick Reply

Latest