Bubblecat's First year as a Psychology Student Watch

bubblecat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago

welcome to my GYG/study blog!
you can call me Nova:dance:

i attempted one of these last year for my a levels, but failed disastrously when i gave up not even a month into the school year. i will do better this time! i managed to achieve what i needed for uni in the end though:yep:

a little bit about me: i enjoy film, tv, books and comics. if you have any recommendations send them my way!:h:

My Academic History
GCSEs:
8, 6, 5, 2A's, 3B's, 2C's - pretty average:dontknow:

A Levels: AAB

University!
I'm going to be spending the next 3 years studying psychology at Loughborough University! there isn't much of an lboro presence on TSR, maybe I'll change that? who knows?

my course: BSc Psychology
i'm doing 12 modules this year, all 10 credits each, with 7 of them being in first semester - hopefully i make it to christmas!

Chronic Illness
towards the end of year 12 i was diagnosed with crohn's disease. this can cause me immense amounts of pain and an inability to get out of bed and take part in life, tbh. i'm on daily medication for it and currently i'm feeling pretty good:yes:

i also have B12 deficiency (wonderful!) and because of my crohn's, i can't absorb it which means i have to have (very painful) injections every 3 months. without my jabs i can get very tired, hopefully this isn't going to be too much of an issue at uni.

so on top of being a uni fresher, i have some extra complications! should make for an interesting experience at least, right?:giggle:

Goals!!
for the academic year:
join a society, maybe two (wow, ambitious)
go to the uni gym a few times a week
use the library!! (i never used my college library rip)
achieve a high 2:1

for the future:
my current aim is to go into clinical psychology, which is VERY competitive. hopefully during my degree i'll find out more about how to do that...
the other area of psychology i'm interested in is health psychology:woo:

hopefully i'll update this frequently - at least once a week. i'll probably mainly use this as a way to rant tbh, like an online diary so that i don't go completely insane at uni.

here's to a good year!
Last edited by bubblecat; 3 weeks ago
bubblecat
Rep:
?
First Update (16/09/19) - Week before I move in
so i move into my uni accommodation on the 24th september, a week tomorrow! which is crazy! my course starts two weeks today, 30th september.

i have a few more things i need to do for prep, which includes buying a duvet as i STILL haven't done that, whoops. i also need to get all of my folders and stationery i'm going to need, typical school stuff.

my student bank account is supposedly open but i still don't know any information about it and haven't got a card or account number or anything which is odd and annoying. there are soooo many things i need to buy for/before freshers it's insane:eek:

tomorrow (tuesday) i get to pick up my new glasses just in time for uni, which is helpful. i'm not sure if they look good on me because the guy was kinda rushing me and lurking when i was trying to choose a frame so i just picked up a pair and was like "i'll just have these just goawayplsthanks" lol.

later this week i'm going down to london for a night with my mum - one last hurrah! (i'm literally only moving 30 minutes away but my mum is acting like it's the end of the world)

i think the nerves about uni are starting to kick in but hopefully it'll all be fine... :rofl3:
nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Good luck with everything! :rave:
Might be worth calling up your bank if you don't have any info about your account
bubblecat
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
Good luck with everything! :rave:
Might be worth calling up your bank if you don't have any info about your account
thank you sm!
+ funnily enough not long after complaining about the bank situation my details came through in the post! just waiting on the debit card now:crossedf:
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bubblecat)
thank you sm!
+ funnily enough not long after complaining about the bank situation my details came through in the post! just waiting on the debit card now:crossedf:
:rofl: It's funny how some things just do that!! Hope that comes through soon!!
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just stumbled upon this blog of yours. Please add me to the tag list and good luck with your psychology degree at Loughborough. I have a friend who’s going into his 1st year there to read computer science.
Loughborough University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What a great blog and inspiring story! We're excited to welcome you onto our campus and join our #LboroFamily

If at any point you feel like you need any support, feel free to visit our website and see the student services that we offer
https://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/stu...vices/support/

All the best!
Tendo
bubblecat
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Just stumbled upon this blog of yours. Please add me to the tag list and good luck with your psychology degree at Loughborough. I have a friend who’s going into his 1st year there to read computer science.
thank you! and that's super cool! i hope your friend enjoys himself
i'll try and tag you, no promises that it'll work though
bubblecat
Rep:
?
(Original post by Loughborough University)
What a great blog and inspiring story! We're excited to welcome you onto our campus and join our #LboroFamily

If at any point you feel like you need any support, feel free to visit our website and see the student services that we offer
https://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/stu...vices/support/

All the best!
Tendo
thank you!
bubblecat
Rep:
?
Update #2 (23/09/19) - Night before I move in!

Okay so, it's the night before i move into university and quite frankly i am so nervous. Not necessarily about the usual "what if i don't make friends?" or "what if i don't fit in?" (though those worries will probably kick in around 2AM) i'm currently more nervous about being in the right place and knowing where i'm going, meeting my flatmates and essentially just getting myself set up. Once I have my ID and room key and set up my room i'm sure i'll feel better, but until then..... nervous

Today has mostly been a rush of last minute packing, i'm really not sure why i left it so late. all i can say is learn from my mistakes! i've still got things to pack tomorrow morning before i go. Today i also ha a blood test (ouch) and went to the hairdressers. Also some last minute food/stationery shopping at ASDA. So basically, more than i do in a week.

The last week has been fun. Went to London and did a bit of shopping for uni and looked round the national history museum:yep: i also saw IT chapter 2 for a third time:mmm: whoopsie i think i have a bit of an addiction.

Packing has stressed me out a lot, even though i'm only going to be about 30 minutes from home so if i forget anything it's not the end of the world. So i'm trying to chill myself out by writing this update while watching Frozen (the Frozen 2 trailer that came out today was so good!! Role on November!! Feels good to have something to look forward to.:yes:

My move in slot tomorrow is 10AM - 11AM (so i'll probably get there at about 10) and despite the fact it's going to be raining all day i think it will be pretty good! I hope it's good anyway... My next update will be when i'm at university! Which is crazy:eek:

Spoiler:
Show

CoffeeAndPolitics you're the only one who's asked to be tagged hehe i hope it worked! Guess this update is especially for you!:five:

CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Good luck with moving into Loughborough Uni today!
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hope the moving goes well :hugs:
Loughborough University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
bubblecat - hope your move goes well today - sorry about the rain!!

Vicky
bubblecat
Rep:
?
Good luck with moving into Loughborough Uni today!
thank you! sorry for the late reply other than there being torrential rain as i moved in, it went pretty well!
bubblecat
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
Hope the moving goes well :hugs:
thanks sm it went surprisingly well considering how nervous i was
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
thank you! sorry for the late reply other than there being torrential rain as i moved in, it went pretty well!
It's literally been like that all week in London pretty much. Hope the weather is nicer when I move into York this Saturday. Hope all is well btw.
bubblecat
Rep:
?
It's literally been like that all week in London pretty much. Hope the weather is nicer when I move into York this Saturday. Hope all is well btw.
i think i'm as well as i can be everything's a little overwhelming at the minute which is to be expected, but i'm not hating it like i was worried i would!

i hope your move into York goes well! wishing you good luck:thumbsup:
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i think i'm as well as i can be everything's a little overwhelming at the minute which is to be expected, but i'm not hating it like i was worried i would!

i hope your move into York goes well! wishing you good luck:thumbsup:
Thank you! I can’t believe the time has almost come for me to move into York. Argh! In all honesty though, I’m excited and slightly nervous but I should be fine.
Hazzabear
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

welcome to my GYG/study blog!
you can call me Nova:dance:

i attempted one of these last year for my a levels, but failed disastrously when i gave up not even a month into the school year. i will do better this time! i managed to achieve what i needed for uni in the end though:yep:

a little bit about me: i enjoy film, tv, books and comics. if you have any recommendations send them my way!:h:

My Academic History
GCSEs:
8, 6, 5, 2A's, 3B's, 2C's - pretty average:dontknow:

A Levels: AAB

University!
I'm going to be spending the next 3 years studying psychology at Loughborough University! there isn't much of an lboro presence on TSR, maybe I'll change that? who knows?

my course: BSc Psychology
i'm doing 12 modules this year, all 10 credits each, with 7 of them being in first semester - hopefully i make it to christmas!

Chronic Illness
towards the end of year 12 i was diagnosed with crohn's disease. this can cause me immense amounts of pain and an inability to get out of bed and take part in life, tbh. i'm on daily medication for it and currently i'm feeling pretty good:yes:

i also have B12 deficiency (wonderful!) and because of my crohn's, i can't absorb it which means i have to have (very painful) injections every 3 months. without my jabs i can get very tired, hopefully this isn't going to be too much of an issue at uni.

so on top of being a uni fresher, i have some extra complications! should make for an interesting experience at least, right?:giggle:

Goals!!
for the academic year:
join a society, maybe two (wow, ambitious)
go to the uni gym a few times a week
use the library!! (i never used my college library rip)
achieve a high 2:1

for the future:
my current aim is to go into clinical psychology, which is VERY competitive. hopefully during my degree i'll find out more about how to do that...
the other area of psychology i'm interested in is health psychology:woo:

hopefully i'll update this frequently - at least once a week. i'll probably mainly use this as a way to rant tbh, like an online diary so that i don't go completely insane at uni.

here's to a good year!
Hello!

Could I be tagged into this please?
emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Glad to hear the move-in went well!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads