Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay it was a bit boring in the common room @ lunch time so we were playing a game called "would you..."
    e.g. would you rather burn or drown?
    sell your body or sell your soul?
    be famous or totally unknown?
    forced into prostitution or forced into isolation....
    u get the idea
    Anyway we got onto the dilemna of the train crash thing - does the end justify the means thing?
    So from this 1 of my friends came out with if u could have any job in the whole world, not even realistic, would you be prepared to kill someone to have it? And none of us would except for him....

Now this is the funny thing:
    At this point i remembered a story about Richard (the killing guy ) and asked people do you tip if you go out? When i told them that while the two of us + charlie were out to dinner the other week he refused to tip there was general outcry! People were more outraged about the fact that he didn't tip then that he'd kill someone!!!

Okay so now here are the questions:
    -burn or drown?
    -body or soul?
    -famous or unknown?
    -prositution or isolation?
    and would you kill somebody for your dream job? (+ btw his was a concert violinist!!!!!)

ReputationRep:
    I would rather drown than burn.
    I would rather sell my body than my soul.
    I would much rather be famous than unknown.
    Prositution or isolation? That one is difficult. I would hate a life of isolation, if I had to I would chose prostitution. It is quite bad but suppose it would be better than no life at all.
    I definately wouldn't kill someone for a job, not even a dream job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)

-burn or drown?
    -body or soul?
    -famous or unknown?
    and would you kill somebody for your dream job? (+ btw his was a concert violinist!!!!!)
    Drown
    Body
    Unknown
    Isolation
    No

We should really think of some more...

ReputationRep:
    Okay it was a bit boring in the common room @ lunch time so we were playing a game called "would you..."
    e.g. would you rather burn or drown?
    sell your body or sell your soul?
    be famous or totally unknown?
    forced into prostitution or forced into isolation....
    u get the idea
    Anyway we got onto the dilemna of the train crash thing - does the end justify the means thing?
    So from this 1 of my friends came out with if u could have any job in the whole world, not even realistic, would you be prepared to kill someone to have it? And none of us would except for him....

At this point i remembered a story about Richard (the killing guy ) and asked people do you tip if you go out? When i told them that while the two of us + charlie were out to dinner the other week he refused to tip there was general outcry! People were more outraged about the fact that he didn't tip then that he'd kill someone!!!

-burn or drown?
    -body or soul?
    -famous or unknown?
    god! i thought our common room was boring! (we dont even have enough chairs!)
    anyway,
    i'd rather burn to death than drown, cos i've heard a woman's regression (think that the right word :rolleyes: )on the radio. and in her previous life she was drown to death. believe me it doesnt sound nice at all. it was horrifying!
    i'd sell my body definitly. cos soul is the real me. body is just a shell i suppose.
    i would be unknown and isolated. live in a world of me own. :rolleyes: dont see why not.
    would i kill somebody for a dream job? NO! come on, its just a job(!)

ReputationRep:
    Drown
    Body
    Famous
    Prostitution
    No

ReputationRep:
    I would rather drown than burn, although both sound horrific.
    I would rather sell my soul than my body because I don't believe in souls.
    I would rather be unknown than famous.
    I would rather be isolated than a prostitute.
    I would NEVER kill anyone over a trivial reason like a job.

It's interesting that some people have said that they'd rather sell their body than their soul, but then said they'd rather be isolated than a prostitute. What's prostitution if not selling your body?

ReputationRep:

-burn or drown?
    -body or soul?
    -famous or unknown?
    drown
    body
    unknown
    isolation
    nope

ReputationRep:
    Haha my group of friends had that.. a few people refused to tip and there was a big heated debate (or argument ) after that

Back to the questions.. I'd rather drown, sell body not soul, be famous and in isolation.
    I'd be tempted to kill someone for my dream job.. but I dont think I would.

ReputationRep:
    Drown
    Body
    Unknown
    Isolation
    No

ReputationRep:
    But, maybe famous instead of unknown actually.

ReputationRep:
    Okay so now to answer my own questions
    It depends on how i would drown - as in out at see or pulled under. But this afternoon i said i would rather be burnt so i will stick to that!
    Body
    Unknown
    Isolation
    And no i wouldn't kill somebody, even for that, even for anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Muffin)
    Drown
    Body
    Famous
    Prostitution
    No
    You got exactly the same as me.

ReputationRep:
    me 2

ReputationRep:
    - Burn: It has a strange attraction, I can't quite put my finger on it.
    - Soul: Speaking in terms of physical change, if you sell your soul, nothing will happen, if you sell your body, you have the potential to get raped.
    - Unknown: Because I'm not a ****.
    - Prostitution: It has the potential to get very interesting, ie. how you would escape etc.
    - Kill: ....and I would eat them if thats what it took. (Only kidding, really, I am )

ReputationRep:
    Oh i forgot to mention: b4 the last question was opened to the public Richard just asked me. And when i said no i wouldn't kill somebody he asked me:

Would you cut their hand off instead?!

Apparently that's more acceptable....

ReputationRep:
    -burn or drown?
    -body or soul?
    -famous or unknown?
    and would you kill somebody for your dream job? (+ btw his was a concert violinist!!!!!)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Drown
    Body
    Famous (but for something literary, sport or worthwhile not Z-list celebrity lol)
    Prostitution
    I wouldn't kill someone for a trivial job....even if it is my dream

ReputationRep:
    drown
    body
    famous
    Ho
    yep, if they were evil, and not nice, and no one liked them

ReputationRep:
    Drown
    Body
    Famous
    Isolation
    Depends on the job and the person.

ReputationRep:
    New question....

For (heterosexual men)..

Would you rather have sex with a woman that looked like a man...
    or a man that looked like a woman

and vice versa for women

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hash)
    For (heterosexual men)..

Would you rather have sex with a woman that looked like a man...
    or a man that looked like a woman
    surely theres only one of that answers that can fit

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.