Sociology vs English A Level for medicine

Watch
Precious1232
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i do not like math or physics but i love English GCSE which i got an 8/A* in. i want to do medicine in the future so i'm taking biology, chemistry and i'm unsure about the third subject. i've been told by some people to take the soft subject (sociology) so that my other grades won't suffer however i want my application to be more appealing with a facilitating subject. I don't know what to do as i have no intention in going into anything with sociology but i want to get an A in my third subject and i don't know if i will get the A in English or sociology. i really need advice please. and is English really hard compared to sociology?
Flower2617
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, currently I have just started A levels : I'm taking Biology, Psychology and History ( a facilitating subject). I was hoping to go on to study midwifery but medicine has been starting to appeal to me recently. However my problem is that I'm only taking one science subject as i feel taking 2 or more would be too much for me to handle and i'm not really sure if psychology is accepted as a science or not? if so that would be amazing!
Studyingstudent1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Flower2617)
Hi, currently I have just started A levels : I'm taking Biology, Psychology and History ( a facilitating subject). I was hoping to go on to study midwifery but medicine has been starting to appeal to me recently. However my problem is that I'm only taking one science subject as i feel taking 2 or more would be too much for me to handle and i'm not really sure if psychology is accepted as a science or not? if so that would be amazing!
I would take with some university grade requirements but I’m fairly certain psychology is classed as a science subject. They do prefer chemistry but as long as you do well in all the exams (UCAT etc) you’ll be fine!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (2)
40%
No - I have already returned home (0)
0%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (1)
20%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (0)
0%
No - I live at home during term anyway (2)
40%

Watched Threads