Archon9
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi 😀 I'm 18 years old and recently finished college however I need to resit my GCSE maths exam. I have tried approaching local collages however they all said that I cannot receive funding until I am 19 and will need to resit my GCSE maths as an external candidate, I have looked into doing this however it has come to my attention that it is very ****ing expensive... So is any other alternative thanks 😃
Hazzabear
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Archon9)
Hi 😀 I'm 18 years old and recently finished college however I need to resit my GCSE maths exam. I have tried approaching local collages however they all said that I cannot receive funding until I am 19 and will need to resit my GCSE maths as an external candidate, I have looked into doing this however it has come to my attention that it is very ****ing expensive... So is any other alternative thanks 😃
You could possibly do a level 2 qualification in maths. It might just be worth doing it at age 19 as most companies will ask for a grade 4 at least in GCSE maths.
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah it is usually expensive since exam centres add on fees such as admin and invigilation costs on top of the fee for the exam entry
Hazzabear
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CurryCurry2468)
Yeah it is usually expensive since exam centres add on fees such as admin and invigilation costs on top of the fee for the exam entry
Do you know how much it actually is? I’m honestly not sure.
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Usually the extra fee is between £5-£20
BrasenoseAdm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Archon9)
Hola Archon9,

Unfortunately it is expensive to enter an exam as a private candidate. Our advice would be to go back to your old college and see if they can offer you an entry at cost. There is also always crowd-funding or you may be able to save funds from paid employment between now and the deadline for entry, which tends to be in the New Year.

Good luck with your Maths studies.

Brasenose Admissions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (148)
19.15%
Labour (328)
42.43%
Liberal Democrats (156)
20.18%
Green Party (42)
5.43%
Brexit Party (21)
2.72%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.39%
SNP (9)
1.16%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.78%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)