anyone else struggling to meet people at Salford uni? Watch

willhallows
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey all, this is my first post ever.
Basically, I have very recently moved into University of Salford accommodation. I am very very introverted and my flatmates seem to be the same. I was wondering if there is anyone else here that seems to have the same issue? I cannot go to the organised events as I will be too self-conscious to actually talk to somebody. Is anyone in the same boat?
University of Salford
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi willhallows!

I recently finished my degree at the University of Salford studying English Language and Creative Writing but I still remember moving in and Welcome Week like it was yesterday!

I felt very similar when I first moved out and into the Peel Park Quarter accommodation. It's completely natural to feel a bit nervous about going to the events however, as a fellow introvert, I do recommend trying the Welcome Fair this Friday! It's open until 4pm so you can spend as long as you want and take it at your own pace. All of the Students' Union sports clubs and societies will be there so you might find a society that shares your interests! Societies are a great way of meeting new people and making friends.

Otherwise, you can join our Facebook applicant group in which you'll be able to find your course mates or other new students who you might have things in common with. Just send us a join request here, let us know what course you're on and we'll accept you as soon as possible: facebook.com/groups/salfordstudents2019/

Hope this helps in some way, and remember - you're not alone in feeling nervous or self-conscious! It's completely normal and a lot of students will feel in the same boat as you. Take your time, be open to anything and enjoy yourself!

Thanks,
Helena
Student Social Media Assistant
yila_x
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by willhallows)
Hey all, this is my first post ever.
Basically, I have very recently moved into University of Salford accommodation. I am very very introverted and my flatmates seem to be the same. I was wondering if there is anyone else here that seems to have the same issue? I cannot go to the organised events as I will be too self-conscious to actually talk to somebody. Is anyone in the same boat?
I've been here 2 years & made 0 friends. I still don't know my way around campus and I avoid the library bc I feel too self-conscious to walk in there alone.
willhallows
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
that must be rough, I feel ya
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah I'm struggling to, I don't go to the same uni as you.
But it is tough. Been in uni for 2 years and literally made no friends so I can relate to you yila_x
(Yila_x)

willhallows my advice is to talk to your flatmates, course mates and join societies. Once you have found your group of people you can start arranging outings todo outside of uni and you will bond into stronger relationships then.
yila_x
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
aw which uni do you go?
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by yila_x)
aw which uni do you go?
says in the title
yila_x
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by _gcx)
says in the title
no i was asking the anonymous person
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by yila_x)
aw which uni do you go?
I go to a uni in liverpool.
I made a mistake in my reply, I've been in year for over a year. currently in second year right now.
kanana
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hello
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (54)
20.38%
Unconditional if firmed (21)
7.92%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.75%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (7)
2.64%
No unconditional offers (181)
68.3%

Watched Threads