The Student Room Group

How can I make friends in college?

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for making friends in college? I’m a bit awkward and not good at making friends at all lol, my current friends are going to the same college as me but all left me for other people, we all agreed that we would hang out together but they left me and I feel so stupid, I could have hung out with others but they said we would hang out and god now I have no one to hang out with at breaks and stuff or any friends so I was wondering if anyone has any advice? Today was my first day but I feel like that’s when everyone decides who they want to hang out with at breaks and stuff so I don’t know what to do, any advice would be helpful :smile:
Original post by RforRebecca
I was wondering if anyone has any tips for making friends in college? I’m a bit awkward and not good at making friends at all lol, my current friends are going to the same college as me but all left me for other people, we all agreed that we would hang out together but they left me and I feel so stupid, I could have hung out with others but they said we would hang out and god now I have no one to hang out with at breaks and stuff or any friends so I was wondering if anyone has any advice? Today was my first day but I feel like that’s when everyone decides who they want to hang out with at breaks and stuff so I don’t know what to do, any advice would be helpful :smile:

First of your friends are d*ickheads I just started college a week ago and truss me eveyones in the same boat.most people want to make friends so don’t feel wired if you randomly talk to ppl in class or a group of ppl at lunch they would gladly want to talk to u even I’m awkward but I made quite a few friends 😂😂
Reply 2
Original post by Failed at life
First of your friends are d*ickheads I just started college a week ago and truss me eveyones in the same boat.most people want to make friends so don’t feel wired if you randomly talk to ppl in class or a group of ppl at lunch they would gladly want to talk to u even I’m awkward but I made quite a few friends 😂😂

Yeah I know they're ********s, I first realised when they forgot my birthday lol ironically last year they were having ago at someone else who forgot my birthday and didn't get me anything, what great friends they're lol and thanks for the advice ill just try butt into peoples friendship groups lol, there is like these two girls in my form but idk at my college there is only 600 students (yep in the whole college, they only have year 12s atm) and everyone has different breaks and its hard to find someone with the same break as you and god its a mess. I feel like a mess but ill just yeah lmao, forget about my so called friends lmao. Thank you so much for replying though it really helped!
Original post by RforRebecca
Yeah I know they're ********s, I first realised when they forgot my birthday lol ironically last year they were having ago at someone else who forgot my birthday and didn't get me anything, what great friends they're lol and thanks for the advice ill just try butt into peoples friendship groups lol, there is like these two girls in my form but idk at my college there is only 600 students (yep in the whole college, they only have year 12s atm) and everyone has different breaks and its hard to find someone with the same break as you and god its a mess. I feel like a mess but ill just yeah lmao, forget about my so called friends lmao. Thank you so much for replying though it really helped!

Yh it’s ight just do as much extra curriculums as you can like debating it will really help in the future it can even make you less awkward 😂 and it’s better to try things like randomly talking to people making mistakes it’s the best things to do now and learning from them truss me you won’t regret it in the future it might be a bit hard but slowly you’ll get used to it 👍👍👍
Reply 4
Original post by Failed at life
Yh it’s ight just do as much extra curriculums as you can like debating it will really help in the future it can even make you less awkward 😂 and it’s better to try things like randomly talking to people making mistakes it’s the best things to do now and learning from them truss me you won’t regret it in the future it might be a bit hard but slowly you’ll get used to it 👍👍👍

aww thanks, i didnt think about taking extra curriculums so I'll look into that thanks! I mean so what if I don't make friends I'll just go shopping in my frees lol, thank you though I really appreciate it:smile:

Quick Reply