John Lewis Group Assessment Outcome Watch

jasontesfaye
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I recently had an interview for John Lewis for a seasonal position.

I just received an email saying I was successful at the assessment however it says they cannot match me with a role atm. I’m assuming this is because of my hours?

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how long it might take before they offer me a position?
SingerPro
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m not too sure. Sounds as if someone else may have been at the top of the list but by no means were you unsuitable. Since you would have given your availability on the application it wouldn’t have went any further if your hours were unsuitable.

You’re also unlikely to be offered a position unless it is temporary or you apply again. Since you did well in the stage you got to then you’re highly likely to succeed the next time you head off to an interview with John Lewis/ Waitrose as it should be very similar.

Can’t speak for certain though as there could be a handful of reasons why you couldn’t be offered a position.

A piece of information I can for sure be sure is helpful is that seasonal Customer Advisor roles at Boots should be coming out about this time. You would definitely do well there!

Best of luck 😁
Bluerainy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What happens in the interview, I applied for a seasonal position as well but I'm really nervous about the group assessments.
g658
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi guys - were you told you had a group assessment?

I've applied for a permanent role and they've invited me for an interview but it doesn't mention group assessment!
Bluerainy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by g658)
Hi guys - were you told you had a group assessment?

I've applied for a permanent role and they've invited me for an interview but it doesn't mention group assessment!
In the email it says an interview but when you book a time slot it says group assessment
ephemeral02
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jasontesfaye)
I recently had an interview for John Lewis for a seasonal position.

I just received an email saying I was successful at the assessment however it says they cannot match me with a role atm. I’m assuming this is because of my hours?

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how long it might take before they offer me a position?
had this email today as was wondering the same thing, i hope they get back to me eventually it seems like a nice place to work
jasontesfaye
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bluerainy)
What happens in the interview, I applied for a seasonal position as well but I'm really nervous about the group assessments.
There’s 2 parts. The first part is a group assessment. You are split in a few small groups, consisting of 3/4 people. You are given multiple scenarios and then you as a group have to say what you would do in each. You then feedback to the assessor.

Then there’s an individual part which was basically the same except you write down your own answers. It sort of felt like an exam. Then you are given sheets and you fill out your availability etc. Then it’s over. It’s really relaxed and more straight forward than I thought.

Good luck!
AprilApril11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Have you been offered a position yet as I am in the same boat
jasontesfaye
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AprilApril11)
Have you been offered a position yet as I am in the same boat
Nope 😩
rahsain
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jasontesfaye)
There’s 2 parts. The first part is a group assessment. You are split in a few small groups, consisting of 3/4 people. You are given multiple scenarios and then you as a group have to say what you would do in each. You then feedback to the assessor.

Then there’s an individual part which was basically the same except you write down your own answers. It sort of felt like an exam. Then you are given sheets and you fill out your availability etc. Then it’s over. It’s really relaxed and more straight forward than I thought.

Good luck!
Got my assessment this week, what hours did you put yourself available for?
jasontesfaye
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by rahsain)
Got my assessment this week, what hours did you put yourself available for?
I said I was available Tuesday evenings, Wednesday afternoons/evenings and fully flexible Thursday-Sunday to fit around uni. I said I could do 8-16 hours a week, increasing during Christmas break
Sarahbell200
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I got this email from John Lewis today. I assumed my availability didn’t match theirs but I wasn’t sure if I was rejected or not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise