Would I be able to get a refund? Watch

SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
From Lidl.

I brought bread and the best before date is only in a few days. I don’t have time to eat it all.

I haven’t opened it and I still have the receipt. Lidl’s policy says if you are unhappy with the quality and return it before best before you can get a refund.

I get the feeling this applies to other food. But the website doesn’t specify at all. Worried they might refuse
SuperHuman98
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Why do I keep making stupid threads when it comes to refunds :lol:

But yeah seriously. I’m asking because if it’s bread that’s closed how can I justify being unhappy with quality?
Last edited by SuperHuman98; 1 month ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
From Lidl.

I brought bread and the best before date is only in a few days. I don’t have time to eat it all.

I haven’t opened it and I still have the receipt. Lidl’s policy says if you are unhappy with the quality and return it before best before you can get a refund.

I get the feeling this applies to other food. But the website doesn’t specify at all. Worried they might refuse
Just take it back and ask for a refund. Normally they refund without asking if you have your receipt.
martin7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
From Lidl.

Put it in the freezer and use it for toast/sandwiches.

(OK, you have to wait for it to defrost for sandwiches, but on the plus side it's much easier to put butter/spreads on frozen bread.)
Kutie Karen
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just keep it. Not worth the hassle. Freeze it like above says.
SuperHuman98
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kutie Karen)
Just keep it. Not worth the hassle. Freeze it like above says.
I returned it as I walk in that area most days anyway.

Was fine. Kinda awkward when they asked me
Why I just gave a vague answer xD
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Just take it back and ask for a refund. Normally they refund without asking if you have your receipt.
Exactly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed