queen_mufaro
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey guys I have just started year 11 and so far it has been so stressful. I came into year 11 will content I didn’t even revise. So like I know have such a busy schedule but I don’t know how to fit my revision/catch up into my timetable. And mocks are in November. What should I do ???
ᴍᴜsᴋᴀɴ
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I just did this year's GCSEs and tbh, yr 11 would be stressful ngl, but the thing is you shouldn't burn yourself out by revising continuously. The thing is I never had a timetable since personally it felt kind of restrictive, like at this hr I'd do a subject and the next another subject. I'd prefer working at my own pace.

Since you said you still have content to revise, I suggest don't try making revision notes at this point since it would be time-consuming. If it helps, sure, but don't waste time on making it neat since you'll concentrate more on that than effectively learning. Some ppl do flashcards, I personally don't since keeping an entire topic on one flashcard isn't possible, because I write too much information and sort of defeats the purpose of flashcards.

The most effective ways for revising for me anyway, was just working through the textbook. It sounds time-consuming, but what I mean is revision guides (so for Triple Science, I did AQA and the Collins revision guides for them are useful), which I would read the double-page on the topic and answer the summary questions, the practice questions and I saved the purple bit (idk what they are called) for GCSEs. Just exam questions in general are really helpful if you're trying to remember things.

Also, don't listen to anyone who says that mocks are not important because they are: sixth forms/colleges use this to see if you can get conditional offers, by doing you're best in these mocks will help you see what you should work on before GCSEs and you can avoid huge mistakes in GCSEs if you work on them.

I'm terms of organising my time, I did try making sure I slept for 8hrs, studied a total of 8hrs (this should include school or else it's ridiculous, so on weekdays 3hrs outside of you're five lessons) and did whatever I want for the last 8hrs, like travelling, breaks, etc. I split this time to however I wanted so that I didn't feel forced to study. However, I can't say that there is any easier way of revising anyway, because you do have to put in effort to do well. Another thing you could do is just set tasks to do during the day and complete it before the day ends which could stop a restricting timetable?

Anyway, I did that 8hr rule thing and tbh, you can get exhausted if you don't split it up enough. I did have a day in the week where I didn't study at all;I chose a Sunday, so I could relax before the week started). I'm in year 12 rn and it definitely seems to be working so I kind of adapted ok so far, but it's was a lot more work than GCSE.

I know I probably did overwhelm you already, but make sure you do relax because even if you are catching up and do well, you would need to be in a state to be able to concentrate and perform well. Remember this is your mocks and although it's important, don't feel disappointed since it is only the first one, I had two in yr 11 and one in yr 10 but idk how it is in other skls. Good Luck! ^-^
Hiffyy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Good luck with your GCSE’s. Find what sort of revision technique works for you and keep doing that. Revise for atleast an hour a day.
I remember being in year 11 and going through this. It was so stressful, but rewarding at the end inshallah you’ll do well
queen_mufaro
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Thank you so much !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (379)
44.12%
No (90)
10.48%
I'm not old enough (390)
45.4%

Watched Threads